Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: addendum..guess not  (Read 211 times)

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
addendum..guess not
« on: December 28, 2004, 11:07:27 AM »

>:(  :D
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

maricutie

Re: addendum..guess not
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »
Not necessarily ... you could say that it took you some time to learn how to manage the balance between study and work. Especially at a job as unfulfilling (i would imagine) as a supermarket clerk.

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 11:20:56 AM »
I'm going to be writing an addendum as well, but I'm taking a slightly different slant.  I was very involved in school, and worked quite a bit as well, but I am just giving those issues a cursory discussion.  Instead, I am trying to point to my WE as being a better indicator of 1L performance than grades. 

I feel that I accomplished enough in school to overshadow a low GPA, but so does everyone else with a low GPA.  And I'm afraid that the standard I worked, I had a hard major, I had to grow up thing is quite hackneyed.  I just don't see how that would differentiate me from other applicants in similar situations.  Not sure if WE focused addendum is that much more unique, but I feel that, in my case, it carries more weight.  Just some food for thought. (I actually hate that phrase).

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 11:28:11 AM »
Did you decide to take the LSAT in June?  I saw you deliberating about that on another thread...

I'm with you on the 10 month thing, a decision I recently came to.  Unfortunately, my obsessive nature is going to make it difficult to forget about this stuff at all for the next year or so.  And I was thinking that getting the LSAT out of the way would make this process easier...HA!