Law School Discussion

How Are You Thanking Your Recommenders?

How Are You Thanking Your Recommenders?
« on: December 27, 2004, 06:46:16 PM »
How are y'all thanking your letter writers? I really think that my recommendations were my edge that helped tip the balance in my favor for admissions so I want to do something special for them. Any creative or fantastic ideas you guys have? Thanks  ;)

ilsox7

Re: How Are You Thanking Your Recommenders?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 06:47:31 PM »
I'm taking one of mine out drinking and will buy gifts for the other two.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 06:52:52 PM »
I've written thank you cards for all of them.
Beginning of next semester, I'm going to get them all a bottle of wine and maybe a candle or something (for the ladies).  Not quite sure what add-on for the dude would be

lookwhois

• 3.63 / 168
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 06:56:58 PM »
took both LOR's out to dinner

TrojanChispas

• , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 07:00:20 PM »
nice one

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 07:22:27 PM »
i graduated and live an hour away from school now.  i sent thank you cards after LSAC received their letters.  to steal the idea of someone else on LSD: i'm going to buy some small items from the school i ultimately choose and deliver or mail them.  a mug and/or t-shirt and/or a little teddy bear wearing a school shirt, something of that nature.

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 09:19:43 PM »
I gave them each a box of See's chocolates and a thank-you card after they were processed by LSAC

ilsox7

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 09:22:38 PM »
i graduated and live an hour away from school now.  i sent thank you cards after LSAC received their letters.  to steal the idea of someone else on LSD: i'm going to buy some small items from the school i ultimately choose and deliver or mail them.  a mug and/or t-shirt and/or a little teddy bear wearing a school shirt, something of that nature.

Ohhh, that's a good idea about sending them something from the school you go to.  It's not stealing an idea, it's leveraging your resources.  And I am now planning to leverage you.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 09:28:13 PM »

Ohhh, that's a good idea about sending them something from the school you go to.  It's not stealing an idea, it's leveraging your resources.  And I am now planning to leverage you.

you're going to leverage me?  good thing i only weigh about 90 pounds ;)

i thought it was an awesome idea too.  that's why i'm stealing it leveraging my resources.

wrmusgro

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 10:57:51 PM »
I never thought about this.....Maybe I should?  :o Nah....