Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Resume question  (Read 607 times)

lizardD

• View Profile
    • Email
Resume question
« on: December 27, 2004, 04:35:37 PM »
  delete

ilsox7

Re: Resume question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 05:07:50 PM »
I'd call myself the President of the Practice.  It fits b/c you run the business aspect of the whole place.

taterstol

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 1L
    • AOL Instant Messenger - CoolDorky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 05:16:49 PM »
i think it's pretty amazingly sweet work experience, whatever you choose to call it. Just put "director" in there somewhere (business director, financial director, whatever). The punch will be in the little bulletpoints that explain exactly what you did.

i think they'll understand that it's hard to get a recommendation from the boss when you ARE the boss, or at least you're not working for anyone. The doc should be fine.

I might seriously think about describing in some detail how you guys started up in your personal statement. It's surely an interesting story, and you can't get much better than an interesting story coupled with great work experience!

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 06:02:02 PM »
i think it's pretty amazingly sweet work experience, whatever you choose to call it. Just put "director" in there somewhere (business director, financial director, whatever). The punch will be in the little bulletpoints that explain exactly what you did.

i think they'll understand that it's hard to get a recommendation from the boss when you ARE the boss, or at least you're not working for anyone. The doc should be fine.

I might seriously think about describing in some detail how you guys started up in your personal statement. It's surely an interesting story, and you can't get much better than an interesting story coupled with great work experience!

What he said.  Explaining the unique work experience might give you an interesting angle to work with for admissions and possibly scholarships.  Good luck.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!