Law School Discussion

In at NYU (RD) and USC (EA)

In at NYU (RD) and USC (EA)
« on: December 27, 2004, 11:16:23 AM »
Just got the letters from both today; I was waiting on USC for a few weeks, but I was absolutely shocked by the NYU letter because I just went complete last week!

I hope my quick turnarounds at Georgetown & NYU bode well for my other applications. 

Re: In at NYU (RD) and USC (EA)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 04:02:58 PM »
Double congrats! 8)

bruin

• View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 10:15:59 PM »
Congrats!
Gives me some encouragement as well.

fineprint

• let dawgs bite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 10:30:25 PM »
Congradulations!!!
NYU and USC both are pretty huge. NYU being my top choice, more stress now waiting for their letter.. any letter.. (applied RD, completed mid Dec).

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 01:58:23 AM »
Just got the letters from both today; I was waiting on USC for a few weeks, but I was absolutely shocked by the NYU letter because I just went complete last week!

I hope my quick turnarounds at Georgetown & NYU bode well for my other applications. 

Uhh yeh who would have thought that you would get into NYU with a 171 and a 3.73   ::)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 12:05:40 PM »

Uhh yeh who would have thought that you would get into NYU with a 171 and a 3.73   ::)

Well I wasn't necessarily shocked that I would be admitted, but rather that I would be admitted the same day that my application went complete - I was not expecting to hear a decision until late January at the earliest.  I fully expected that the contents of the plain, manila envelope to be a notice of completion, and not an acceptance letter! Definitely was a pleasant surprise.   

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 12:07:38 PM »
Did you get a notification that your file was complete? If so, through what medium?