Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Withdrawing Apps  (Read 347 times)

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
Withdrawing Apps
« on: December 27, 2004, 01:00:43 PM »
I applied to a bunch of safeties but since I got my new LSAT score, I feel fairly confident that I can aim higher. Should I withdraw the apps to most of them so that my spot can be given to someone else? If so, how do I go about doing this? E-mail? Letter? Thanks for the help!

Love,
Q

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawing Apps
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 01:14:32 PM »
You paid your app fee.  I'd wait and see what your decisions are.  They generally accept a good number more then they actually hope will matriculate, so you're not really taking a seat away from anyone.

And if there's anyone that's really considered borderline, they'll be waitlisted.  Then you turn down a seat, along with a bunch of other acceptees, the school will look to this waitlist to fill a seat.

The only time you're really holding things up is if you pay more than 1 initial seat deposit.  That's when you're actually keeping someone else from filling it.

And in terms of *how* to do it, I'd say a letter would be the best way, with maybe a heads up via email.  They might want something with your signature on it to withdraw an app.

maricutie

Re: Withdrawing Apps
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:15:29 AM »
Sometimes, you just NEVER KNOW. Law schools can be tricky sometimes, so imagine if you aimed higher, withdrew, and then got rejected by all your higher-ups? It probably won't happen, but if it did, I bet you'd feel pretty stupid ...  :P. Plus, yes, you paid the money, and no, I don't think you'll really be taking someone else's seat this early in the game ...

My 2 cents :)