Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: informing law schools of Dec LSAT  (Read 408 times)

hocuspocus

• View Profile
informing law schools of Dec LSAT
« on: December 27, 2004, 02:25:12 AM »
I had an October LSAT score, so my application files were all complete in mid-November.  I decided on a whim to retake in December.  My second score was significantly higher, but no law schools are expecting a second score.  Should I notify them that a second score is coming?  And if so, how?  I don't want to be an annoying person calling an admissions office.

The law schools should process the new LSAC report by mid-January, and I don't think I'm in the auto-reject category that would make me a likely reject before that point, so there's probably no point in notifying them myself ahead of the LSAC report.  Or is there?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: informing law schools of Dec LSAT
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 02:31:04 AM »
does it really take a month for a LS to process your report?  i thought it was much faster than that.  someone else said the december scores were already being sent out today (automated, perhaps?) to schools that had already requested your report.  i don't think there's any reason for you to notify the schools though, unless you want to send an addendum explaining why your second score is more indicative of your abilities.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 02:37:39 AM »
LSAC automatically sends "score updates" to any schools that have previously requested your report.  The new LSAT will be reflected on all future reports, so any school that requests your LSAC info from this point on will receive both scores.

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 02:42:07 AM »
LSAC automatically sends "score updates" to any schools that have previously requested your report.  The new LSAT will be reflected on all future reports, so any school that requests your LSAC info from this point on will receive both scores.

I might not have been clear enough.  I understand LSAC sends update reports, but I have also read that it can take several weeks for a law school to match that report to a particular admissions file.  I'm just worried about being rejected in the meantime based on the lower LSAT score.

foxnewssucks

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 02:42:56 AM »
weeks? wtf? they have monkeys doing it?

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 02:44:17 AM »

I might not have been clear enough.  I understand LSAC sends update reports, but I have also read that it can take several weeks for a law school to match that report to a particular admissions file.  I'm just worried about being rejected in the meantime based on the lower LSAT score.

I see, well I can't say how long it takes the law schools to match and file your score update.  I do know that LSAC already sent the updates out to every school that had previously requested my report, so the schools had them less than a week after the scores were out.  I had already sent an addendum with all my apps telling the law schools to expect a new score.

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 02:46:48 AM »
Harvard is the school that specifically mentions up to 4-6 weeks to match, so I figure if they have problems like that, other places might too.

xplosiverk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 02:49:14 AM »
wow, if it takes Harvard or any school 4-6 weeks to process an update, how do they deal with updated transcripts from LSAC. As all of us have to send upated transcripts reflecting Fall 2004 grades...

It seems unlikely that its 4-6 week, or else everyone would be screwed because almost everyone will be sending in updated transcripts to LSAC.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 02:58:10 AM »
Harvard is the school that specifically mentions up to 4-6 weeks to match, so I figure if they have problems like that, other places might too.

i think harvard just says that so you don't bother them for a month and a half.  or maybe it takes that long closer to the deadline when more people are applying at once.

i applied 10/23, and i didn't even have all my LORs on file yet.  they were all process by 11/3 or so, and i went complete at harvard on 11/15.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?