Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying in December/January  (Read 2075 times)

Fade

• View Profile
Re: Applying in December/January
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 09:53:26 PM »
Web version. There are no acccess limitations.

jimmyp

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.57/176
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 10:11:04 PM »
One more question about LSACD on the web.  The requirements say that windows/IE is required to use it.  Has anyone used Linux and/or Mozilla to access it?  I only have access to linux machines at work.

Thanks!

xplosiverk

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2004, 12:54:48 AM »
I actually tried using firefox(mozilla) with LSACD and it does not work, there's a plugin you have to download and i think that plugin is available for IE only..

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2004, 08:39:20 AM »
My problem isn't getting my app out (I applied to one lonely school and already took care of the app). My problem is LSAC. They claim they never received one of my undergrad transcripts (which I had to have resent and still isn't showing up), and they have totally screwed up another transcript. One of my schools merged with another and took on the other's name. The transcripts came in under the other school name. LSAC tried to set them up as a new school that I attended, though I never did. After five phone calls and two faxes, somebody finally told me that they still show the two schools as separate, so the new school name has to send them something on their letterhead stating the two have merged. Of course, they told me this yesterday, and the school is closed for the holidays right now, so I'm SOL for a little while here. They also haven't processed any of my LORs. I can't believe I paid them money. They are worthless. All my stuff should be there and processed and sent to the school by now. At this rate, I won't get accepted simply because the school will have filled their class before they ever get my LSAC report!

Frustrating as hell.

Jeff

Eyes of the World

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 09:19:35 AM »
Definitely worth it, but LSACD is far from perfect. Anyone else experience the joy of working on an app for 30 min only to have LSACD lock up and crash before hitting "submit(save)"? Fun times.

So Burgh, when are we going to start hearing back? I sent in my apps a few weeks after you did. You rocked the Dec LSAT, nice work. I'm planning to retake in June. I applied anyway; ya never know. Is that a bad idea guys? That is, to apply w/o the numbers you know you are capable of, i.e. 25% below your prac test avg. F it. I'd rather not retake and I'm not going for T14.

anyone else reading this should just suck it up and shell out another $54 or whatever it is (unless you're only applying to a couple schools).

I second this.

ct_rdr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 10:09:07 AM »
Is there a time limit for how long you can use the LSACD? I am going to apply to a couple schools but am thinking of retesting and maybe reapplying next year. Will the LSACD on the web last for the year or is there an expiration date like LSAC?

maricutie

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 11:27:37 AM »
I actually tried using firefox(mozilla) with LSACD and it does not work, there's a plugin you have to download and i think that plugin is available for IE only..

It's funny: it doesn't work with the mozilla I have at work, but works fine with the mozilla I have at home. ??? Still haven't figured out why, but I would suggest you play it safe and stick with IE on this one.

Eyes of the World

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 03:00:49 PM »
If using IE, make sure you follow this:
https://os.lsac.org/Release/Help/XPSP2.pdf

It's funny: it doesn't work with the mozilla I have at work, but works fine with the mozilla I have at home. ??? Still haven't figured out why, but I would suggest you play it safe and stick with IE on this one.

twysted

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 06:46:20 PM »
Can I just say that re applying via LSAC from each schools individual site, the LSAC actually saves your info so you really won't be entering info repeatedly, the only thing diff is that you'll be linking from each school's website. For me saving the 54 bucks was worth it definitely.

Hilarity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 09:16:34 PM »
To get back to the original question here, I'm (as stated in another thread) 3.86/167 applying to most of the top 10.  I took the December LSAT and am planning on getting my apps out next week.  I'm right now stressing about Duke and their crappy Optional Essay.  I have a draft of my PS done, and friends are reviewing it.  I love my reviewers.  I did talk with some admissions people about timing on getting apps in.  They seem to think this time frame was fine, although in a perfect world I'd've had my essays done about two weeks ago.  I don't think this process is very streamlined, and I don't find LSAC very easy to use.  Everything takes weeks.  I mean, why should it require DAYS to process a simple LOR?  I don't get it, but I didn't really have a choice.  I was laid off in mid-October and have had two months to complete this entire process.