Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Basic Question, but I'm so confused!  (Read 666 times)

MSW05

• AOL Instant Messenger - portalbella
    • View Profile
Basic Question, but I'm so confused!
« on: December 26, 2004, 03:46:43 PM »
Ok, I know that this is a really basic and silly question, but reading this board has been so helpful so I'm turning to ya'll for advice.
I want to know if its a good idea to send out applications if your LSADS file is not complete. I am waiting for a LOR and a transcript to be processed (so slow!) but I'm really itchy to get these apps out!  Should I wait or do I send them now? I took the Dec LSAT and I already feel behind. 
Thank you! I appreciate it.
MSW soon to be JD

ilsox7

Re: Basic Question, but I'm so confused!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 03:48:46 PM »
If it helps, I am in the same situation as you and sent mine out 10 days ago.  I figure everything will be processed my Jan. 10.  I was also told by some people that even though my LORs and Transcript wouldn't be processed yet that my essays and application may be read.  Don't think it can hurt to send it off, but curious what others here say as well.

mchek

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 03:57:32 PM »
I took the Dec. LSAT as well. I sent out most of my apps mid December. I already had everything else (minus the score) in. My understanding is that the application won't be reviewed until it is complete but sending it in early means as soon as your file is complete with LSDAS the schools will have everything.

MSW05

• AOL Instant Messenger - portalbella
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 04:33:12 PM »
That's good to know, thanks.  This now raises another question:  If you send your app and your file is not complete, do the missing pieces of your file get automatically sent, or do you need to re-send the complete file a second time?
I feel like such a dope but this is so confusing! I don't know anyone else applying to law school so I have no one to fuddle this with.

Thanks everyone!
MSW soon to be JD

ilsox7

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 04:37:22 PM »
From what I remember, e ach school has a schedule set up as to when they receive updated reports.  Some onf mine get the latest report from their applicants on Mondays and some get them only on the 1st and 15th of the month.  Bottom line is if your report changes, the law school will get the updated report within a week or two of the change.  At least that's my understanding.

mmyles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 04:43:26 PM »
I sent in all of my applications before my transcripts were finished being processed.  I think it's good - at least it seems like you were ready at that date to apply.  To me, it looks like after you send your application, LSDAS doesn't send a report if it isnt complete.  By that, I mean, something essential like your transcripts.  If it's a matter of a new LSAT score or something, then the report will still be sent and then later updated. 

ilsox7

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 04:46:29 PM »
Yea, I think it goes in pieces.  When I applied, IU requested my report and there was nothing there.  IU email me to tell me to make sure my transcript gets sent, and I think now that I have an LSAT and a transcript they will get a report this week with those.  Then when my letters arrive they will get those and I will be deemed complete (and hopefully accepted)!