Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: minority numbers  (Read 1142 times)

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
minority numbers
« on: December 26, 2004, 01:51:23 PM »
Just a quick URM numbers question. I just received my Dec LSAT (159). Because I am an underrepresented minority (mexican/filipino), should I be going by 25% lsat indicator? or am I short-changing myself? should I be applying to schools with 25% indicators of 162ish? (3.4ugpa).

thanks
adelacruz

maricutie

Re: minority numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 02:25:28 AM »
What I did: safties were ones where my gpa/lsat split was around or surpased the 75th %. Ones I had 'a shot' at where where I fell in between. Reaches where ones where I hovered around the 25th%, and uber-reaches were ones where my stats were below the 25th%. However, I may have applied to too many schools, but I suppose it's better than not having enough choices ...  :P

hope this helps!

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
Re: minority numbers
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 01:22:47 PM »
Mariecutie's strategy is a sound one.  But its harder to gauge when the split of lsat gpa is difficult--say for instance, you have a low gpa but a high lsat, or vice versa.  If this is the case, you want to apply to lots of schools because their 75/25 numbers are not going to be any help. I don't know what your numbers are, so it is hard to really give you advice.   

Hope that makes sense.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!