Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How did you receive you decision from American U?

Email: accepted, full-time
 3 (17.6%)
Email: accepted, part-time
 0 (0%)
Snail Mail: accepted, full-time
 8 (47.1%)
Snail Mail: accepted, part-time
 0 (0%)
Email: rejected
 0 (0%)
Snail Mail: rejected
 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: American U. decisions  (Read 1166 times)

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
American U. decisions
« on: April 26, 2004, 02:11:23 PM »
Just curious about their notification policy ...

Thanks!
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

dojotony

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: American U. acceptance email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 03:26:03 PM »
I found out from a finaid email since they sent my acceptance letter to an imaginary address that doesn't exist. 

Had they gotten it right, though, it would have been through the mail. 

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 02:33:38 PM »
Has anyone recently heard anything from American? It took them forever to complete my application, which has got me a little nervous about my chances.

Any part-timers out there? My stats are near the 2003 75% range for the American PT program, but it's so late in the process and such a difficult year that I am worried.

Also, what are your opinions about this school? The more I talk with others about the school, the more and more I like it ...
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

dojotony

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 04:33:28 PM »
I'm really impressed with the school and its highly regarded international programs.  I'll be attending, even though I've received much better scholarships from other schools.

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 05:07:02 PM »
I'm hoping I am accepted, but I feel like it I will be lucky if I get waitlisted since it is so late now.

I've heard nothing but great things about the school. From the campus to their clinics, they seem to have a well-designed atmosphere for legal study.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
- Wiesel

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 07:19:24 PM »
Anyone hear from American U. recently (i.e. -- the last two weeks)? They just changed the letter on their website to the following:

"April 27, 2004

Dear Prospective Student:

We are nearing the end of the admissions process for Fall 2004. By the end of this month, all completed files should be ready for committee review. Any applicants missing information will be contacted by their admissions counselor, most likely via email. These applicants will be given a deadline of May 7th to complete their files and if they do not meet that deadline, they will not be reviewed for admission.

The seat deposit deadline for the majority of our accepted applicants was April 15th. At present, we have sufficient deposits for our full-time program. During the next few months, we anticipate that some of those who have submitted a deposit may make other plans. In that event, we may need to admit from the waiting list for the full-time program.

During the first week in May, accepted applicants who submitted a deposit will receive an email invitation to join the AU/WCL Incoming Students List serv. This listserv will be the primary means of communication between the admissions office and our incoming class. This will also be a way for students to communicate with their classmates before school begins in August. Copies of all material mailed during the summer will be posted in file format to the listserv web site.

..."
- Wiesel

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 11:20:18 PM »
They have an awesome website.  It seems like they put alot of effort into at least that aspect of the school.  Yes, I know, little things please me. :)

pinktinker

• View Profile
Re: American U. decisions
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2004, 04:30:08 PM »
I received an acceptance email last Wednesday.  I was told that the full admissions packet was scheduled to be mailed to me on Monday , 4/26. 

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: American U. decisions
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 07:30:36 PM »
I received an acceptance email last Wednesday.  I was told that the full admissions packet was scheduled to be mailed to me on Monday , 4/26. 

pinktinker: Did you apply to FT or PT? Do you mind if I ask for your stats?

Still waiting ...  :'(
- Wiesel