Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Richmond  (Read 7390 times)

nathanielmark

Re: University of Richmond
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2004, 10:00:18 PM »
congrats.  best of luck!  im sure you just saved yourself a long day of boredom with orientation.

Well, to anyone who is interested, my wait is over, and kind of bittersweet.  Dean Rahman called me this evening and offered me a seat and I took it.  I've already missed a day of orientation, and I have no idea what I'm going to do about the job I now need to quit, but I guess everything will work out... Thanks to everyone who has commisserated with me through this quite bumpy ride, and I wish everyone the best of luck!

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2004, 10:03:01 PM »
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm kind of glad I'm missing some of orientation... just wish I had a little more time to prepare for officially starting classes Monday.  Or that I had found out while I was still at work so I could tell my boss face to face instead of leaving her a voicemail tonight.  Thank god she's really supportive of me going! 
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

dgatl

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2004, 10:35:21 PM »
i followed your thread but never made any contribution to it until now.  i would like to say congratulations and the best of luck to you.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2004, 12:02:52 AM »
i followed your thread but never made any contribution to it until now.  i would like to say congratulations and the best of luck to you.

Thanks!  I've been in a daze since Wednesday night.  It's amazing the amount of information that can be thrown at a person and how many thoughts can go through one's head in just two days.  I'm a little terrified, but I did leave orientation Friday feeling, for the very first time, like a real law student!  Now if I can just get through the first week... :)
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

PETERS1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2004, 04:40:43 PM »
Not many people have been able to give me any advice on the other posts so i was hoping someone here could help. I have a strong GPA and a weak LSAT. I also have very strong extra curricular activities including the military. What sort of chance do i stand. I have seen the admission calculators and law school numbers but i am interested to get some applicant opinions. My numbers are 3.4 153 from Colgate Universtiy. I will be Cum Laude here and I have completed Marine Corps OCS, I want to go JAG. I am also a member of several honors societies here. ANy reply would be appreciated.