Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Richmond  (Read 7386 times)

waitlistUofR

• View Profile
Re: University of Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2004, 05:48:21 PM »
I think so, I'd have to check my file at home.   What was it about?

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 08:31:03 AM »
I think so, I'd have to check my file at home.   What was it about?

Apoligizing for not giving notification by the original May 5 deadline & that more people than expected put down the first deposit.  That I was still on the priority waitlist and they hoped to admit people off of it after the 2nd deposit (July 1).

Are you staying on the waitlist?
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

waitlistUofR

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 10:23:31 AM »
I am staying on it, but have made plans for another school.  If I hear from Richmond, depending on the timing, I will probably switch to Richmond.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2004, 10:35:02 AM »
I understand.  Luckily I am already based in Richmond, so I wouldn't have to uproot my life and move.

When I called them yesterday to keep my file active, they did say that they probably won't be able to offer up seats, if any, until the week of July 12.
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »
Alrighty - the 2nd deposit was due last week... so the adcom goddesses should be tabulating how many (if any) seats they can open up...

Anyone out there put your 1st deposit down and not your 2nd?  Anyone take yourselves off the waitlist for UR?

Thanks - Hoping to hear good news soon...

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 02:09:12 PM »
Does anyone know how they are going to contact us off the list? Is it by mail or phone? I just hope that they stay close to this deadline of the 12th that they gave me since I have yet to get started on my other school...

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 10:22:24 AM »
I think, but I'm not positive, that they contact by phone and follow-up by mail.

I geeked out last week and did come calculations based on the numbers they gave in the two letters.  I think if something like 19% of the people who put down a first deposit don't put down their second deposit, they can start going to the waitlist.

I think that comes to about 35 people.  Which doesn't seem like many, but when you consider that they only want to enroll 160-165 people, it's kind of a lot.

I am currently freaking out.

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 11:26:42 AM »
Yeah I called up today  and they said there has been no movement so far, and when I tried to ask when, if ever they would let me know, yes or no the lady told me it could go all the way to the first day of class. I would just like to know either way being strung along this long it starting to get to me...

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 11:30:59 AM »
Yeah, I know what you mean.  I would not be surprised in the least to find out on August 23 that I needed to be in class 5 minutes ago!  I'd hate to miss orientation, but I guess I'll take what I can get!

Funny how one's attitude can change in a month, huh?!

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 11:40:41 AM »
Yeah but at least you live there, it is going to be hard to find a place in DC for the short term till I know for sure, then if I get in, there goes all that money down the drain, and if it is a no from richmond then I am in a short term lease and moving and dealing with all that crap is that last thing I want to do during the first months of law school, I guess there is only a few more weeks so who knows...I am just tired of everyone asking me every other day...I just don;t see why it would be do hard to just let us know,