Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Richmond  (Read 7582 times)

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
Re: University of Richmond
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 01:52:15 PM »
I feel your pain being stuck on UR wait-list. I was wondering if you had heard anything today, I am checking my mail box and phone like a mad man. I am also waiting on wake forest but it seems like most folks are that way who applied there. Ok thanks for your help.

Nope, nothing yet today.  Of course, I can't check anything until I get home.  Tick-tock, tick-tock... :(

Any reason in particular you're "checking like a madman" today?
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2004, 02:00:26 PM »
I called up there last monday and they told me I should hear something by the 1st...so with each passing day I have less and less hair. It would just be nice to know but I am sure most everyone feels the same way

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »
I called up there last monday and they told me I should hear something by the 1st...so with each passing day I have less and less hair. It would just be nice to know but I am sure most everyone feels the same way

:)  Yeah, I feel your pain... I'm hoping to go in May Session, so I'm really hoping I hear before the 17th!

Have you been making a lot of contact with them?  Do you mind if I ask your stats?
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2004, 02:21:16 PM »
na I don't mind at all, 3.0 160 and have been working for 2 years (is that what you mean, I am new to this)

I went up there to visit and have written them and called about the wait list. I want to call again but I don't want to push my luck. have you spoken to anyone up there after getting your wait list letter?

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2004, 02:31:00 PM »
na I don't mind at all, 3.0 160 and have been working for 2 years (is that what you mean, I am new to this)

I went up there to visit and have written them and called about the wait list. I want to call again but I don't want to push my luck. have you spoken to anyone up there after getting your wait list letter?

Me, 2.84/162, 6yrs WE (I'm afraid my GPA will hold me back, but it's a little late for that, I guess)

I called them and sent a letter (via email) as soon as I got their letter at the end of March.  I called them last week (Monday, now that I think about it) and sent them another letter that they received Tuesday.  I also went to an Admissions Conference last fall and submitted my application in person.  When you called them, did you speak to the Director, or whoever answered the phone?

Good luck!

randylaw

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2004, 03:00:44 PM »
When I called I got to speak to a women who I had met during my visit so that was good. The head admissions lady was always in a meeting and I did not want to pester her to much. When you got your wait-list letter did it mention priority wait list? I tried to get them to explain it to me but admissions officer speak is hard to understand. Anyway everyone up there was very nice and I got a real good feeling from them, so I guess the odds are good but really I have no clue....

Good luck to you also! I am sure you will get it, any other places if Richmond does not work out?

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 04:31:21 PM »
When I called I got to speak to a women who I had met during my visit so that was good. The head admissions lady was always in a meeting and I did not want to pester her to much. When you got your wait-list letter did it mention priority wait list? I tried to get them to explain it to me but admissions officer speak is hard to understand. Anyway everyone up there was very nice and I got a real good feeling from them, so I guess the odds are good but really I have no clue....

Good luck to you also! I am sure you will get it, any other places if Richmond does not work out?

My letter (sent 3/24) had something along the lines of "you're among the next small group we'd like to admit over the larger waitlist."  Didn't say "priority," per se, but that's the way I'm interpreting it.  I was so giddy when I did the initial call back, I think all I could get out was, "YES! I am still interested!" and didn't ask anything specific. When I called to get clarification last week, I got a bit of the double-speak.  Which is fine, because at least I got another tic mark on my file.

I only applied to two schools (foolish or not, I had my reasons).  UR is my first choice.

Someone on lawschoolnumbers.com wrote that he got the same letter I did, was called back 4/19, and was given until the end of the week (4/24) to decline because they had 25 more people behind him.  He declined (bless him!).  So maybe we're on that list of 25! :)

Keep me posted if you hear anything!   

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 10:03:41 PM »
I wasn't in town last week; anyone heard anything more?

waitlistUofR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2004, 02:22:48 PM »
Nothing new.  Hopefully they will have something soon.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2004, 03:10:39 PM »
Did you get a second letter dated May 20?