Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need advice 147 LSAT (twice) 2.7 G.P.A.  (Read 1203 times)

samt

• View Profile
Need advice 147 LSAT (twice) 2.7 G.P.A.
« on: December 25, 2004, 02:42:17 PM »
Ok, here's the deal. I took the LSAT in June and October and got a damn 147 both times.  The first time I didn't really study because I figured because of my philosophy (my major at a Southern mid tier liberal arts school) background it couldn't be too difficult (oops).  Busted my ass studying the second time and even recieved some free Princeton Review tutoring.  I scored between 156-158 on real LSATs from a few years ago but I guess when it came down to it I probably suffered from some type of test anxiety or succumbed to being a statistic, whatever.  It certainly didn't help that I had to watch a new baby and work two jobs either.  So I'm taking the LSAT one more time in February.  I'm sending out six applications by the end of the year (Valparaiso, University of Denver, Appalachian State, Barry University, St. Thomas Unversity, and of course Thomas Cooley) and am only taking the LSAT again to try to get into the Unversity of Arkansas at Little Rock which is near my hometown.  My question is this, I've been out of school a year and a half and in that time I've fathered a child and helped open a successful bar.  While a student in undergrad I was a founding father of a local chapter of an international fraternity that consistently took at least 20-30 hours out of my week.  Tack on me working 20-30 hours a week consistently throughout school as well as studying abroad in Costa Rica, Uruguay, Hong Kong, and Honolulu (maybe that one doesn't count) do I still have a chance to go to a school that isn't located in B.F.E. or in an extremely cold climate?  My letters of reccomendation are from the dean of the philsophy department and the G.M. of the bar I helped open.  Whaddya think?

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice 147 LSAT (twice) 2.7 G.P.A.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 07:54:51 PM »
First...if you can get at least 2 points higher on the LSAT, it will really help.

Second...why University of Arkansas at Little Rock (Tier 4)... if you go for a law school in Arkansas, go for the Best..University of Arkansas (Fayetteville, a Tier 2) and the stats to get into both are almost identical.

My favorite 3 Third Tier law schools are Stetson, Texas Tech and Loyola at New Orleans (maybe you should look into those 3 as reaches)

Good luck.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need advice 147 LSAT (twice) 2.7 G.P.A.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 12:03:33 PM »
Have you considered California Western in San Diego?