Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Washington & Lee  (Read 1743 times)

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
Washington & Lee
« on: April 26, 2004, 12:31:59 PM »
I've been on their waiting list for a little over a month, and haven't heard. Is anyone else on the list? Has anyone been selected from the list? It's my 1st choice, and I'm losing my mind!!!! I know they have a small class, so it may be a longshot. Any thoughts/personal experiences re: W&L?

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Washington & Lee
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 01:09:44 PM »
If it is your first choice write them a nice letter and tell them so, & why. If they do end up taking people off the waitlist they will remember your name, and besides they want people  who will accept if admitted off the waitlist.

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 02:15:15 PM »
Thanks. Yeah, I already knew to do that, and have. I'm looking more for people who have a specific waitlist experience with W&L this year.

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 03:55:46 PM »
There were quite a few people who were accepted off of W&L's waitlist on another message board.  I think most of them had 166+ LSAT's though.

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 03:58:25 PM »
What message board was that?

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 08:28:52 PM »
i'm waitlisted at w&l and a couple of other schools. i called w&l to express my interest but they are rather curt on the phone and not too receptive generally i think to phone calls. i did, however, write a letter expressing my interest. i am getting slightly annoyned with the admissions people, though, since they won't even really take my name down when i call. anyone have similar experiences?

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 05:24:56 PM »
Where else are you waitlisted? I've found the W&L people to be very polite. The mantra through this whole process has to be "Patience is a virtue."

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 10:06:30 PM »
I just got accepted off the WL today.

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 09:56:23 AM »
Are you going to go there? Also, did they mention grants or scholarships? Or are they thinking that you're so grateful to just get in that they don't have to throw any $$$ your way?

r_poster

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 10:26:45 AM »
W&L sent out a mass email to candidates who declined their admission offering more scholarship money to change their minds.  That says two things are likely 1) their yield was not that high and 2) they have unused money lying around.  If those two things are true, they are likely to take from the waitlist and may give money if you ask, even this late in the game.  Good luck.