Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Non-Trad Dec. LSAT call-out  (Read 2585 times)

Ernie

• UG GPA: 3.66, G GPA 3.92, LSAT 160
    • MSN Messenger - stephen@istvan.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrmontgomery_ise
    • View Profile
    • MrMontgomery.com
    • Email
Re: Non-Trad Dec. LSAT call-out
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 11:04:24 PM »
160 - hoped for higher, but I can live with it. :-\

IndyEntrepreneur

• 3.94 / 168
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - indy_entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 11:33:53 PM »
168.  My highest practice test was 170, so I was quite pleased!
Accepted:  Boalt, Duke, IU Bloomington (in-state, 19.5k/3 yr), Miami, U Illinois (full tuition), U Texas(in-state, 5k/yr)
Rejected:  ---
Waitlisted:  Northwestern, U Michigan

Pending:  Harvard, Notre Dame, USC

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=IndyEntrepreneur

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 12:59:18 AM »
173, right in the middle of my pratice test range.

WitterUin4

• Sr. Citizen
  • How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 03:50:32 AM »
Y'all are impressive! Even the folks who didn't think they did so well.
I'm at 1L at CU Boulder

WOMBAT

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 05:52:36 PM »
"Excuse me, yes, comin' through, oh, pardon me, I didn't mean to, uh, oh yeah, I'll pay for that."

(sound of glass breaking as Wombat drags a 148 through the room)

;D

I was practicing at around 155ish. Guess I choked. I was shooting for 160 with a bottom of 155.

I am going to see what kind of responses I get before I make any decisions. I still believe that I will be accepted into my reaches. If not, I have a plan. And if that fails I will probably retest this summer.

JoAnna

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 12:08:54 PM »
Considering that I decided to apply to law school on 11/15/04, and signed up for the Dec 4th LSAT on 11/19, and did a total of 5 practice tests, I am incredibly pleased with my 162! Funny thing - it's the same exact score I got 1998 (but better percentile.)
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 10:58:59 AM »
I'm only halfway through submitting my apps.  Tailoring the PS to each school is so time-consuming!

How are the rest of you doing?
Fed gov't atty

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2005, 12:58:56 PM »
I'm only halfway through submitting my apps.  Tailoring the PS to each school is so time-consuming!

How are the rest of you doing?

My one lonely app (UConn) was complete last week. I blame LSAC for losing one of my transcripts and then one of my LORs, so both had to be resent.

Now it's just wait and see.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2005, 01:16:11 PM »
Highway-

Just one school?  I'm applying to 11-14, sent in 6 so far.  I'm about to give up!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck!
Fed gov't atty

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
Highway-

Just one school?  I'm applying to 11-14, sent in 6 so far.  I'm about to give up!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck!

I am keeping my day job and going PT evenings. There are only two choices that are within a reasonable commute, but one is a tier 1 and the other a tier 4. I know it wouldn't matter as much in my case (with my WE and background) as to which school I went to, but I decided that if I was going to work FT and put myself through all of this (I also have a family with two small kids), I was going to do it right. Tier 1, or nothing at all (also, the tier 4 is about an hour commute each way, which is stretching it).

I'm just interested in going to law school for my own personal satisfaction anyway. I don't have a desperate need to be a lawyer. By the time I would graduate, I'll probably be making more money at my current job than I could as a practicing lawyer, so I may not even jump head on into a legal career. Having a good legal background would help me in my current position, though, so it would not be wasted. Besides, I'm really a professional student at heart. I love going to school and learning challenging things. If I didn't have to ever work again (ie: won the lottery), I'd just go to school forever.

So, yes, only one application. If I get in, good. If I don't...well, at least I won't die knowing that I never gave it a shot. Also, my numbers are fairly decent, and I've gotten a ton of offers to other schools (even a T2) with scholarship money, so at the very least, I'm happy with the knowledge that I could get into a law school.

Jeff