Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Reasoning  (Read 1301 times)

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Logical Reasoning
« on: April 26, 2004, 10:33:15 AM »
Hi to all,

I am taking the LSAT in June.  I've been studying occasionally, but I need to study more.  I'm not having a problem really with the AR or LG sections, just the Logical Reasoning.  Will lots of practice help me dissect the problems better?  I am looking for suggestions on how to improve this section of the test.  I know that there are two LR sections so it must be extremely important to do well on these.  NEED HELP, Thanks!
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

jgruber

Re: Logical Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 10:37:29 AM »
Hi to all,

I am taking the LSAT in June.  I've been studying occasionally, but I need to study more.  I'm not having a problem really with the AR or LG sections, just the Logical Reasoning.  Will lots of practice help me dissect the problems better?  I am looking for suggestions on how to improve this section of the test.  I know that there are two LR sections so it must be extremely important to do well on these.  NEED HELP, Thanks!

Do you have explanations for the LR questions you missed? 

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:43:12 AM »
Hi to all,

I can generaaly get it down to about two answers, but then I'll miss about 6-10 problems on these sections.  Will practicing these problems over and over help me understand the questions better?
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 10:51:48 AM »
It helped me.  Getting the test withe explanations from LSAC also helped me.

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 02:34:03 PM »
Studying with the explanations helped me too.  If you really want to improve on LR, someone adviced me to read Introduction to Logic by Copi.  However, that book will help only if you spend a lot of time going through its exercise.  If you are running short on time, that may not be the best method to study...so just study from explanations or something.

Longhaul

• 3.3/171
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 05:23:03 PM »
If you really want to improve on LR, someone adviced me to read Introduction to Logic by Copi. 

I read parts of this book. It did help somewhat, but you have to wade through a lot of extraneous crap. It made me think that philosophy majors must have a big advantage on the test.