Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: if you have done full-length LSAT tests  (Read 1679 times)

nathanielmark

if you have done full-length LSAT tests
« on: April 25, 2004, 08:11:39 PM »
I noticed a pretty signifigant problem (probably cost me 2 points), that came about from having the 3 sections together without a break.  i really lost some of my concentration by the 3rd section.  (the 4th one was fine after a 5 minute break and a coke).

i wanted to know if this is typical for those of you who have taken full-length timed tests.  should i expect that after i do say 3 or 4 full tests, my concentration will improve?  anyone, anyone?  id like to hear peoples experience on this.

also, can you bring soda into the test? i cant remember.

M2

Re: if you have done full-length LSAT tests
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 08:28:07 PM »
The worst for me is when there are two LR sections in a row... it just gets so monotonous. Also having the reading comp section 3rd can be annoying...

Regardless of the order though, by the 3rd test i am usually pretty exausted.

MindTheGap76

• Sr. Citizen
  • UChicago Alum ('08)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 10:15:20 PM »
You can bring food/drinks etc. to the test center, but you cannot consume them during the test.  However, there is a 10 minute break between the third and fourth sections, and you can go out in the hall and drink your soda then.

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 09:09:42 AM »
Yeah, this test was actually an LR-RC-LR for the first 3.  i was pretty drained from all the reading and actually relieved to be working on games for the last section.

still, anyone find their concentration gaining endurance with practice? Or is this just going to be a fact of life with the test?

jgruber

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 09:22:54 AM »
I took a number of tests under timed conditions.  I experienced a loss of concentration in later tests.

When I took it for real, I was too hyper to lose concentration though.