Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Davis and Hastings Decisions?  (Read 6464 times)

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
Re: Davis and Hastings Decisions?
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2004, 09:43:31 AM »
Hmm, I don't think I have. At this point I really don't know. It would be a very, very tough decision. For me, Hastings has the advantage in location (I'm a city boy through and through), facilities, proximity to courts, and proximity to my girlfriend. On the other hand, I loved the laid-back atmosphere at King Hall, the student body seemed very friendly, the cost of living in Davis is cheaper, and it would be easier to find housing that would allow me to bring up my car.

This internal debate will obviously be moot if Hastings rejects me, so I try not to think about it  :-X

jbshane

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2004, 11:48:46 AM »
hey all, i just figured out a way around the uchastings website issue...follow this link and you can get around the homepage problem:

https://advisor.uchastings.edu/datatel/openweb/ap/apmenu.html

seamaid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2004, 12:57:12 PM »
Hmm, I don't think I have. At this point I really don't know. It would be a very, very tough decision. For me, Hastings has the advantage in location (I'm a city boy through and through), facilities, proximity to courts, and proximity to my girlfriend. On the other hand, I loved the laid-back atmosphere at King Hall, the student body seemed very friendly, the cost of living in Davis is cheaper, and it would be easier to find housing that would allow me to bring up my car
It is kind like asking Joey: Which one will you give up, food or sex?
In this case there might be an answer: Davis in SF.

thechoson

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2004, 01:26:57 PM »
Hmm, I don't think I have. At this point I really don't know. It would be a very, very tough decision. For me, Hastings has the advantage in location (I'm a city boy through and through), facilities, proximity to courts, and proximity to my girlfriend. On the other hand, I loved the laid-back atmosphere at King Hall, the student body seemed very friendly, the cost of living in Davis is cheaper, and it would be easier to find housing that would allow me to bring up my car
It is kind like asking Joey: Which one will you give up, food or sex?
In this case there might be an answer: Davis in SF.

I enjoy being alive, so I'd personally pick food. However, if  I was on a deserted island with a beautiful woman and I could live an extra month by killing her and eating her, I'd rather screw the extra month and screw her instead.  Or, I could have sex to my heart's content, then kill her and eat her.  Hey, you never know,  a rescue boat may come by...

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2004, 03:22:56 PM »
been checking daily for the last couple weeks on the hastings website. i went into review on 4/5/04. do any of u remember about how long it took after u guys went into review to get an decision?  i know it says a few weeks but i wanted to get a more accurate estimate. i also want davis to suck my nuts for putting me on the wl (jk id still go there)  >:(
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2004, 10:16:35 PM »
been checking daily for the last couple weeks on the hastings website. i went into review on 4/5/04. do any of u remember about how long it took after u guys went into review to get an decision?  i know it says a few weeks but i wanted to get a more accurate estimate. i also want davis to suck my nuts for putting me on the wl (jk id still go there)  >:(

You must be my mirror image.  In review since 4/05/04 too.  just got wl at Davis and mad about it but will go if they take me.

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2004, 03:23:58 AM »

You must be my mirror image.  In review since 4/05/04 too.  just got wl at Davis and mad about it but will go if they take me.

I'm in the exact same boat...in review since 4/5 also.

thechoson

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2004, 03:33:06 AM »
Is Hastings on rolling?  IS their March 1st deadline a deadline deadline, or a PRIORITY deadline?

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2005, 10:48:19 PM »
I know this thread is a year old, but is this what we have to look forward to? Decisions and being put on the waitlist near the end of April?! Seat deposits to other schools are due mid-April. Am I missing something?

ilsox7

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2005, 10:51:42 PM »
I know this thread is a year old, but is this what we have to look forward to? Decisions and being put on the waitlist near the end of April?! Seat deposits to other schools are due mid-April. Am I missing something?

Tell me about it.  I've eliminated both schools and honestly, they are as slow as can be.  I've been Awaiting Evaluation at Davis for almost a month.  I can only imagine how long the evaluation will be when they actually look at my file.