Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

My outlook on getting off my waitlists is.....

Yeah Ill get off of the waitlist no problem!
 3 (13.6%)
I have a 50% chance getting off
 5 (22.7%)
We're talking slim to none
 10 (45.5%)
We're just talking NONE
 0 (0%)
No clue, its all just pure luck & ass kissing
 4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 30, 2004, 03:31:38 PM

Author Topic: What do you think your chances of getting off the waitlists are....  (Read 2309 times)

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Im just curious where everyone stands and how hopeful you are!

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What do you think your chances of getting off the waitlists are....
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »
I somehow got off the waiting list for GMU, but from what I hear, the chances are not very good in most cases.  Some schools don't end up taking ANY people off the waitlist if enough accepted people choose to go there.  Other times...well, I'd just be guessing since I don't know for sure  ;)

Alexandria

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 05:24:17 PM »
Hey,

I got stuck on a so called priority waitlist at GGU last admission cycle, and they ended up sending me a rejection letter the first day classes started in August.  Ouch!

A-

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:35:54 PM »
I'm waitlisted at Wake Forest University....the Director of Admissions emailed me and said they are going to make decisions on the wait list starting this week...we will see what happens.

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 02:59:42 AM »
I got into GMU off the waitlist too. My hopes are pinned on Notre Dame' WL right now. Im thinking GM is a bit ananmolous. (because they have free apps, lots of people apply that have no real intention of going, hence afer they're let in they don't send in a deposit. As a result GM has a near impossible time teling what % of accepted applicants are actually coming, therefore a large waitlist and lots of people admitted off of it.)
I think this year might be a good year for waitlists though -nothing to back that up, just hope mostly.

deleted1248163264128

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 03:36:42 PM »
For those of you who got off a waitlist, did you make an extra effort to show your interest in the school?  Do you feel that what you did (after the initial application) contributed to your eventual acceptance?  Obviously I'm stuck on a few waitlists of my own...  :)

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 07:34:51 PM »
i was initially on two waitlists, fordham and bu. since i received money from cardozo, and live in the city, and thought i would prefer it to fordham, i made no effort to get off the waitlists at either school. i haven't so much as formally visited either school, or sent them any correspondence beyond responding with 'yes, put me on the waitlist' which i did purely out of the sake of curiosity (and for pride).

yesterday, i got an email saying i had been accepted into the day program at fordham... still nothing from bu.