Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Confusing questions from prep. LSAT  (Read 9205 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing questions from prep. LSAT
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2004, 04:10:30 PM »

CALGON!  TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

You're showing your age.

damn...how bout this?

foshizzle, my nizzle!!
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2004, 04:10:45 PM »
Anti_Ivy :
It is fun, allright :) But the question is  how to reason correctly if this type of questions will be on the real test?
** Life is like a B-grade movie. You don't want to leave in the middle, but you don't want to see it again.--Ted Turner, (1938--), U.S. billionaire
** Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.--R. E. Shay

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2004, 04:11:31 PM »
Btw, nathaniel, I was just like you.  I chose B, then completely questioned myself because zpops ruled it out.  Such power we've completely given to zpops  ;).  I better develop more confidence before I actually go to school.  I'll get eaten alive at NYU at this rate...

And yes, I hate this question too.

LOLOL!  I am the great and powerful Zpops!  I am always right about LSAT questions.  Just ignore the man behind that curtain there who did get 7 questions wrong on the real test, and plenty before then  ;D

But confidence is the greatest tool a lawyer has.  Its all about convincing the jurors or the judge that you're right, regardless of what the facts actually are.  We're all a bunch of sophists in training, and we'd be put to death in Athens for "making the stronger argument seem like the weaker".   ;)
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2004, 04:12:20 PM »
Anti_Ivy :
It is fun, alright :) But the question is  how to reason correctly if this type of questions will be on the real test?

do what i did.  take dice into the test with you.  if you dont know the answer, shoot dem bones~
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jgruber

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2004, 04:24:12 PM »
I skipped more than a couple questions.  You shoulda seen me fill in those little circles for the games.
One set of questions completely confused me.  I took the advice of the book.  Marked random answers for that part and used the saved time to do better on the others.  But wait.  I got a 155.

Needed a different book....

nathanielmark

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2004, 04:25:57 PM »
Hey ZPOPS, just out of curiosity, can you give a breakdown by section on the questions you missed?

Btw, nathaniel, I was just like you.  I chose B, then completely questioned myself because zpops ruled it out.  Such power we've completely given to zpops  ;).  I better develop more confidence before I actually go to school.  I'll get eaten alive at NYU at this rate...

And yes, I hate this question too.

LOLOL!  I am the great and powerful Zpops!  I am always right about LSAT questions.  Just ignore the man behind that curtain there who did get 7 questions wrong on the real test, and plenty before then  ;D

But confidence is the greatest tool a lawyer has.  Its all about convincing the jurors or the judge that you're right, regardless of what the facts actually are.  We're all a bunch of sophists in training, and we'd be put to death in Athens for "making the stronger argument seem like the weaker".   ;)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 04:31:55 PM »
Hey ZPOPS, just out of curiosity, can you give a breakdown by section on the questions you missed?

I'll PM it to you.  I think posting that would cross the line between helping and bragging. . .
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2004, 04:33:38 PM »
Would you please PM it to me, too?

jgruber

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2004, 04:33:58 PM »

I'll PM it to you.  I think posting that would cross the line between helping and bragging. . .

With that score... it's bragging.  Buit you earned it.   :)

nathanielmark

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2004, 04:35:46 PM »
yeah, i dont think it would be bragging either.  we already know you only missed 7 questions.  bring it on!  im guessing 1LG - 2RC - 4LR