Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Confusing questions from prep. LSAT  (Read 8937 times)

OSUHopeful

• View Profile
Re: Confusing questions from prep. LSAT
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004, 03:47:31 PM »
I think the reason B is correct is that she "decides not to do it".  if she had "refused to do it", then I think E is correct. I agree it was tempting to stay away from B because there was no mention of future suffering, but since it is a priciple question, not an inference question....oh hell what the f*ck kind of question is that

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 03:52:24 PM »
yes zpops, the question is ridiculous  ;)
had anyone found something similar? I am actually going to mark the stupidest questions from now on, and post them here for your evaluations (if the question is not too long :))
** Life is like a B-grade movie. You don't want to leave in the middle, but you don't want to see it again.--Ted Turner, (1938--), U.S. billionaire
** Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.--R. E. Shay

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2004, 03:56:03 PM »
yes zpops, the question is ridiculous  ;)
had anyone found something similar? I am actually going to mark the stupidest questions from now on, and post them here for your evaluations (if the question is not too long :))

i have a lot of ridiculous questions...

but the problem is, the most ridiculous ones arent on the real lsats.  i spent a ton of time on the supposed hardest, toughest, and ass-grinding questions i could.  and NONE of the type were on the test.  I felt that there were no ambiguous answers on the test at all...

but ill have to dig through my old material and post them...CUZ THIS IS FUN!!!  AND A TIME WASTER!  I LOVE IT!!!  I f-ing HATE WORKING!!!

CALGON!  TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 03:56:14 PM »
If you are going to point out the stupid LSAC questions, would you please place a warning in your first post of the topic? For instance:

LSAT 40 (or whatever test number) question

That way, I (and others preparing for the LSAT) won't read a question that I haven't encountered yet.

Thanks.  :)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 04:00:03 PM »
I think this is fun.  Keep em coming.  Now, watch them all be principle questions which I'll get wrong, lol.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

calguy815

• Sr. Citizen
  • NYU '07
    • AOL Instant Messenger - calguy815
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 04:02:55 PM »
May I just say that the moment I walked out of the LSAT room was one of the happiest moments of my life, because I was done with it.  And here I find myself staring at a monitor pondering an LSAT question and actually reading debates on why answers are right or wrong.  I don't want to look, but I can't help it.  My god, this must be a nightmare.

Btw, nathaniel, I was just like you.  I chose B, then completely questioned myself because zpops ruled it out.  Such power we've completely given to zpops  ;).  I better develop more confidence before I actually go to school.  I'll get eaten alive at NYU at this rate...

And yes, I hate this question too.

jgruber

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2004, 04:05:33 PM »

CALGON!  TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

You're showing your age.

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 04:05:41 PM »
Zpops and dsong02 , for you it is fun, but for us, who have yet to score high on the LSAT it is horrible!  :P This type of questions mislead those preparing for the LSAT, and make them further question their answers for other questions... But it is always interesting to hear opinions of the people who've already taken the real test.
** Life is like a B-grade movie. You don't want to leave in the middle, but you don't want to see it again.--Ted Turner, (1938--), U.S. billionaire
** Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.--R. E. Shay

Anti_Ivy

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 04:08:15 PM »
I haven't taken the LSAT yet, and I think these questions are fun.  I like dissecting stupid LSAT questions and debating the correctness of the "correct" answer.

Zpops and dsong02 , for you it is fun, but for us, who have yet to score high on the LSAT it is horrible!  :P This type of questions mislead those preparing for the LSAT, and make them further question their answers for other questions...

nathanielmark

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2004, 04:08:51 PM »
it is fun. somebody needs to post another.