Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need more info on law schools!  (Read 1243 times)

NusratEmma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need more info on law schools!
« on: July 20, 2002, 09:27:52 PM »
Hi all!  I just took the June '02 LSAT and got a 143.  My undergrad GPA is 2.9 and I was a Eng Lit major at the University of AZ.  I will do the LSAT also in Oct (need to raise this score)!!!  I am hoping to get into a Tier 3 school- would love it if it was in New York.  I have some family there... so any advice?  Thanks!

richard o'connor

rRe: Need more info on law schools!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2002, 12:46:43 PM »
Albany law school is a possibility

Nusrat Khan

Re: Need more info on law schools!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2002, 06:50:54 PM »
What about other ones in NYC?  Like Hofstra, Touro, and St. Johns?  Or are they very choosy?

yamany

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 10:01:04 AM »
You will have to do some serious work on your LSAT in order to be considered at any law school, let alone one in the NYC area. I am in the San Francisco area and applications are up about 30% here, even at the tier four schools and the unacredited schools. I imagine the same is true in NYC right now since it is a common theme in across the country, especialy the Bay Area and other big tech markets. All the dot com people are going back to grad school. You will need to pull at least a 150 on your LSAT and probably a little higher if you want schools to forget about your previous score. If your GPA were higher you would also stand a better chance, but that is probably to late by now. If you are really dead set on going to law school my advice is to work for a few years doing interesting work (non profit, volunteer, legal) in order to boost your application. Maybe stay out long enough to void your first LSAT score so when you take it over again it wont be averaged. It still doesnt hurt to apply to a few schools this time around tough, Touro or Pace are probably your best bets, maybe New York Law School as well.

Nusrat

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 06:19:37 PM »
Yeah yamany, I know what you're talking about!  A lot of ppl are going back to school... but I'm ALSO having a hard time getting a job (SO I HAVE TO GET INTO SOME SCHOOL).  I'm not applying for the ones that are WAY ABOVE ME!