Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: George Mason  (Read 1690 times)

BMDiliberto

• View Profile
    • Email
George Mason
« on: April 21, 2004, 09:53:52 PM »
Got in today off the waitlist! 165/3.0

I thought I was going to Maryland so GMU was a pleasant surprise.  I'll be saving a ton of money there and be right outside DC.  Anyone else going there?

nathanielmark

Re: George Mason
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 09:20:29 AM »
Wow.  Congrats!  GMU is a great school. thats where i am hoping to attend and will be applying next fall.  You going FT or PT?

BMDiliberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 09:37:50 AM »
Full Time.

bruiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 10:10:20 AM »
CONGRATS!!! :)  That's awesome!!!

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 04:40:28 PM »
I just got in today off the waitlist too!  FT as well!  Might rethink my decision to attend GW.

BMDiliberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 05:11:52 PM »
Ok, out of curiousity... why would you choose GMU over GWU other than the money reason.  I mean I'm loving the idea of going to GMU but their Int'l law program is lacking I think. 

I think I might do Tech Law and Int'l business law.

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 05:23:26 PM »
Two reasons:

1)Cost.  This is the main reason.  GMU will be half the price of GW.  I'm not really set on doing the whole "BIGLAW" thing.  I would much rather work in the government.  I'm hoping to eventually land a gig at the EPA since I'm interested in environmental regulation.

2)Full-Time.  I was only admitted to GW's PT program but I would prefer to go FT.  In order to transfer into GW's FT program I would have to take classes during the summer, thus impeding my chances of summer employment while further increasing my debt load.

The other thing at play here that favors GW is my desire to eventually work in California.  GW is a much more "national" school at this point than GMU is. 

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 07:22:37 AM »
I was accepted to GMU also :)

If I had my choice between GW PT and GMU FT, I would definitely choose the latter.  Part-time programs generally aren't look upon as favorably as full-time...if you had to decide between GW and some 3rd tier school, it would be a no-brainer (GW). 

Guess I'll see some of you guys there this coming fall :)  Man, talk about saving a LOT of money.  I think GMU's reputation will grow steadily for the next decade at least

GMULAW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 01:07:46 PM »
Hey future 1L's CONGRATS on GMU! I currently go there and I love it. I posted something on the waitlist section under being on the GMU waitlist that tells about the profs. the FT will have next year. You probably want to take a look at it. :)
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

BMDiliberto

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 09:46:05 AM »
GMULAW, thanks for your post about professors.  I was wondering if I am out of state the first year but live in VA that whole first year do I get in state tuition the following two years?