Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: so...  (Read 1385 times)

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
so...
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:32:29 PM »
know of any schools that are still accepting applications?

Cherry

• View Profile
Re: so...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 05:36:14 PM »
Appalachian School of Law  http://www.asl.edu

So are a couple other 4th tiers with "rolling" admissions

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »
would asl still accept for the fall term?

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 06:00:30 PM »
I would consider calling up any school that you are interested in. I would bet that if you talk to someone in admissions that they would still take your app. I hope you have good numbers though...
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Cherry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 06:11:27 PM »
The have this listed on their web site:

First year students are admitted only for the Fall Semester. We have a rolling admissions system, and begin to make admissions decisions in the fall of the year preceding the entry of a new class. While we do not have a formal application deadline, to ensure that we have space in our entering class you should seek to complete your application as early as possible.

You can expect to receive an admissions decision from us shortly after we receive all of the application material. Accepted applicants are asked to confirm their acceptance with a seat deposit within thirty days of acceptance. The seat deposit will be credited toward tuition. Seat deposits are refundable only until April 1.

PLUS THIS:

ASL Pressroom 

Home  Pressroom

Still Time to Apply
By Vickie Keene on March 18, 09:08 am

There is still time to apply for admissions to the Appalachian School of Law. Just fill out the on-line application or contact the office of Student Services at 1-800-895-7411 ext. 1203 for further details

/shrug now mind you it is late April, but I am sure they would still consider people.  They are doing a bit push to get there numbers up, according to what they said in the open house this early this month.  And I know people were applying then.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 12:19:56 PM »
It depends on your numbers and stuff, but it's worth a shot. I applied to Suffolk and NESL in mid-March and was accepted almost right away.

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 01:34:32 PM »
I just talked to ASL.  They having rolling admissions and slots open for the fall, so they are still accepting applications for the fall.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to move my life, my grandkids, my job and everything else several hundred miles.

:)

Cherry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 03:18:13 PM »

Now all I have to do is figure out how to move my life, my grandkids, my job and everything else several hundred miles.

Well from the looks of thing I will be going there.  I just can't seem to turn down the money. I am house hunting there now, and there are even serveral houses that I could buy for under 50k.

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 03:19:48 PM »
I just talked to ASL.  They having rolling admissions and slots open for the fall, so they are still accepting applications for the fall.

So are you really considering moving if you get in?

jgruber

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 03:22:42 PM »
The draw would be a free ride (assuming I could get it) and ABA status (even though it is provisional).

The disadvantages seem to outweigh the advantages.  I have a pretty good job now; i support 2 plus people; and the grandkids are here.

I'd like to but I don't think I can make it happen.

I might just apply for the hell of it though.  My ego could stand some soothing these days.  It wouldn't hurt to know what I could have had.