Law School Discussion

UC Hastings

Re: UC Hastings
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2004, 09:23:55 AM »
Tearing pages out of books?  Wasn't that in Scott Turow's 1L.  It is a pathetic, urban myth...I am pretty sure I am going there and it definitely doesn't scare me...

jbshane

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 09:54:31 AM »
I'm with Tahoe - that's def an urban myth.  And if it's not?  You always have Lexis or WestLaw as backup. 

Speaking of which, I heard that most schools don't allow 1Ls (or at least 1Ls in their first semester) to use electronic research materials, only hard copy.  Any truth to this?

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2004, 02:38:40 PM »
Well. . . .  After making them work for their money I received a letter today stating that I was (drumroll please) placed on the waitlist.  I will decline the offer tomorrow! 
Good luck with the wedding Meriweather!  Make sure to sign a prenup.! ;)

God damn right, they should have to work for their money.

jbshane

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 02:41:11 PM »
thanx ocelatl.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2004, 12:33:29 PM »
I realize LawSchoolNumbers is not reflective of the entire pool of applicants, but there sure are alot of accepted people. If it's accurate then either a lot of people don't want to attend Hastings or they are looking for a better deal. Also, maybe they were so ecstatic they forgot to update their profiles. I will wait until my first letter comes, then I'll withdraw. I feel like the rest of you. If I'm paying 60, 70 dollars then I want some results...  ;D I have to admit one of the admission's contacts was pretty nice and helpful to me, but they are taking a long...time.

chooster99

• 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2004, 12:52:21 PM »
Rejected from Davis yesterday...ouch, that hurt.  I am still pending at Hastings and USC, but I'm pretty much set on attending Loyola in the fall.  This process has humbled me like nothing else.  I thought I was a shoe-in for Davis and Hastings!  Silly me.   :-\