Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings  (Read 2541 times)

chooster99

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
UC Hastings
« on: April 21, 2004, 02:46:25 PM »
I just called and asked about an estimated time that they will be done with all apps...the guy said MID TO LATE MAY!!  This is getting "ridicurus".  The UC system has us all by the balls and they know it.  FAWK!!   

thechoson

Re: UC Hastings
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 02:51:21 PM »
@#!* them. Go to Loyola, haha

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 03:16:44 PM »
Wow... if that's the case, I'll most likely go to Davis then. This is crazy...

MattMurdock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 03:32:51 PM »
I expected such a date, but hoped otherwise of course. They seem to be admitting people they really want rather quickly. If you sent your things in during the Fall, then impatience is understandable. But anything after the first of the year is fair game for summer notice. They have a lot of apps and it's hard to judge applicants without solely looking at numbers. Personally, I
wish I could hear before the middle of May. 

ebrumm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 03:54:52 PM »
INSANITY

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 03:56:36 PM »
I just checked the online status for my application and it stated that a decision had been reached.  I'm not sure whether I'm excited considering the fact that I have just decided to continue with graduate study for the next 3 years.
BTW, anyone have any suggestions in regards to writing a letter that thanks the admissions committee for an acceptance, politely declines the invitation to join the class but expresses an interest in studying at the school in the future?
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 04:02:12 PM »
A short 4 line letter should suffice for that. Short and sweet.  Please do it quickly for all of us waiting so patiently... since freaking November.  I must say the more time they take, the more I learn about Davis, and hence the more I lean towards Davis as my final choice. In my opinion it is their loss.
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 04:05:17 PM »
Thanks Nola. . . .
I should be sending out the letter to the schools by the end of the week (Davis, Georgetown, Santa Clara, Duke).  I don't think I'll withdraw my apps from schools I have yet to hear from.  I want them to work for their money!!  ;)

A short 4 line letter should suffice for that. Short and sweet.  Please do it quickly for all of us waiting so patiently... since freaking November.  I must say the more time they take, the more I learn about Davis, and hence the more I lean towards Davis as my final choice. In my opinion it is their loss.
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

jbshane

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 08:49:57 PM »
God damn right, they should have to work for their money.

Although I got my applications in by mid-December, I completely disagree that applicants submitting apps after January 1 give these schools any right to make their applicants wait.  People are making life decisions based on where they are accepted and these schools cannot expect people to wait until the summer.

My apps at UCLA, USC & Hastings were complete in November/December, and I still have yet to hear.  IMHO, f*ck these schools.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm starting to get fed up.  I've got to figure out where I'm going to be next year, fly there (I live in Boston, going to school in Cali), find an apartment, move my a$$ across the country in August, acclimate to my new surroundings and start the hardest year of my academic life.  On top of all of this, my fiancee needs to find a job AND we need to plan our wedding!

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 10:26:59 AM »
Fight the power Meriweather! That was moving.  :'(