Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Volunteer work.... with the church???  (Read 3182 times)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Volunteer work.... with the church???
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 04:47:55 PM »
my humblest and sincerest apologies to the catholic community. what can i say? i'm protestant! lol i'm sure one day we'll learn that catholics come first when being grouped w/or compared to other religions...lol

jgruber

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 04:51:21 PM »
my humblest and sincerest apologies to the catholic community. what can i say? i'm protestant! lol i'm sure one day we'll learn that catholics come first when being grouped w/or compared to other religions...lol

You bet.  All youse other guys came after.  Look out for converts.  We're the worst.   :D

ocelatl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 05:07:04 PM »
Are you that person that keeps on knocking on my door every Saturday morning at 6:00???  I told you I already have the current issue of Watchtower!!   ;)

i can totally understand that position on volunteering in a church setting and i do agree w/you that some sects are more inclined to proselytize than others w/mormons and catholics being at the top of that list along w/other fundamentalist versions of sects (baptists, methodists, etc.). therefore i would be inclined to say, being raised baptist and now am non-denominational, to pick your church carefully if you still wanna go that route. i'd even go as far as to say that if you have friends or know people who attend the church(es) you're looking at, get a 'reference' from them and ask them what the culture there is like and what there style of teaching is, along w/other things. that'll hopefully give you some insight as to which ones would be bible bangers or thumpers...trust me when i tell ya, there's a HUGE difference (lol)...and which ones aren't.

good luck to ya! :)
"Freedom without opportunity is the Devil's gift." - Noam Chomsky

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 07:02:22 PM »
i said i was NON DENOMINATIONAL...not jehova's witness!!! maaaajor difference there...

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 07:02:46 PM »
lol....forgot to add that to the end of the last post. lol

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 07:31:49 PM »
Catholics and mormons?  I thought it was Catholics and Mormons :P

Even though the only difference I really see is in one you are suppose to have as many children as you can with one person, in the other you are suppose to have as many children as you can with as many wives as you can get  ;D

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »
now i have to apologize to the Mormon commmunity too for not checking my grammatical errors before posting???

MAN is it tought being non-denom these days! lol

jgruber

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 12:55:38 PM »
Non-denominational.  Sounds kinda wimpy to me.  You can't make a commitment.  I dunno.   :D

GMULAW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 01:02:56 PM »
First off.

Mormons and Catholics. :)(I might be biased b/c I am Mormon) ;D

Second, the joke about the multiple wives, not so funny, really try to get more creative, we Mormons have only heard that one about 1,000 times! :P

Finally,
Volunteer for the sake of of volunteering, not for some law school application, all they want to see is if you have the numbers, the rest is just icing on the cake.
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

jgruber

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 01:04:14 PM »
Uhm.  Let's see.   No mulitple wives jokes.  Hmmmm.

Sorry.  Without that there's nothing funny about Mormons.    :D

First off.

Mormons and Catholics. :)(I might be biased b/c I am Mormon) ;D

Second, the joke about the multiple wives, not so funny, really try to get more creative, we Mormons have only heard that one about 1,000 times! :P

Finally,
Volunteer for the sake of of volunteering, not for some law school application, all they want to see is if you have the numbers, the rest is just icing on the cake.