No East Coast For Me!

chooster99

• 3.53 GPA UC Irvine/161 LSAT...headed for Loyola
    • AOL Instant Messenger - chooster99
    • View Profile
    • Email
No East Coast For Me!
« on: April 21, 2004, 11:23:34 AM »
Alright, so I was rejected from every single East Coast school I applied to (Boston C and Boston U, Fordham, NYU, GW, GT).  I have visited other cities and stayed in D.C. for a summer, and I wasn't really that impressed, but am I really missing out on some great experience by living there for a few years?  Any thoughts?  SoCal native here!

Re: No East Coast For Me!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »
Take it from me...I was displaced from the West Coast 11 years ago when I was 12 and moved to MD...went to undergad at Syracuse, and now have worked in DC for a year.

This place sucks...nothing can beat the West Coast and I don't care how much people try to persuade me.

To put it immaturely, this place is extremely gay and I regret ever having to come here.  Thank god I will be returning "home" for law school in California.

@#!* the East Coast.  Plain and simple.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 11:29:24 AM »
I'm from the Midwest and I blew off the East Coast.  Bye bye BU.  I'm in Cali now..why would you want to leave?  The cold isn't cute.  J/K
I am sure there are many valuable things to be learned from the East Coast.  There is a lot of history there...not to mention the political and financial centers of the country.

forthguy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:48:26 AM »
I'm from the Midwest and I blew off the East Coast.  Bye bye BU.  I'm in Cali now..why would you want to leave?  The cold isn't cute.  J/K
I am sure there are many valuable things to be learned from the East Coast.  There is a lot of history there...not to mention the political and financial centers of the country.

I grew up away from the coasts (Texas, Montana, Minnesota, and Ohio, and I went to college in Pittsburgh) before working for 6 years in Boston.  I don't see why anyone would particularly care to live in that hellhole, and the DC area (which I've only visited) doesn't do a lot for me either.  I've been in the Bay Area for over 3 years now, and I'd never think of going back east.  Sure, there's history.  And you're going to be best able to see that by vacationing there.

Greg

chooster99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 11:49:38 AM »
When I was in DC I experienced:

1) Rude, pushy people
2) bad, overpriced food
3) Humidity that made your skin boil
4) Red-Alert days (smog)
5) No Asian people whatsoever (kind of important to me, since I am one)
6) Rain during the summer (wtf is that about??)

On the upside, I experienced:

1) Nice, clean public transportation
2) Sense of outdoorsy community not found in Ca.
3) Regular discussion of politics
4) Everything I needed within walking distance

I never had the experience of freezing my nuts off, although I'm sure it's lovely. 

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 11:51:58 AM »
earthquakes
smog
fires
mud slides
hollyweird

chooster99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 11:54:08 AM »
earthquakes
smog
fires
mud slides
hollyweird

All these natural disasters give us "hollyweirdos" character.  :P

jgruber

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 11:58:11 AM »
I've been the west coast.  I liked California.  But I don't want to move there.

I grew up on the east coast.  Loved many things about it, but moved away anyhow.

If Tennessee had a real diner like they have in Jersey, then life would be good again.

thechoson

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 12:00:25 PM »
You know, coming from an Asian, you might think I am nuts.  But I liked Alabama.  Huntsville is not exactly hicksville, and yes you have your share of racists.  But the kind, southern hospitality mentality inherent in lots of people kind of offsets the morons

thechoson

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 12:01:50 PM »
The Great Smoky Mountains are beautiful.  Lots of Civil War forts.  Graceland!!!