Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The night before the LSAT...  (Read 6272 times)

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
The night before the LSAT...
« on: April 21, 2004, 12:47:22 PM »
It's hard enough trying to fall asleep the night before the test, with all your nerves and thoughts of what can go wrong...

But my roommates decided to invite a bunch of people over that night for a mock-"Iron Chef" competition!!  So here they were, all yelling and having a blast, with me trying to goto sleep to take the most important test of my life.  I eventually came out and asked them to quiet down or go elsewhere...they were nice about it, went upstairs to someone else's apartment...but I could hear it through the ceiling!  Either way, I got a 161 (which was about 5 points lower than my average practice test score) and was very disappointed.  I took the test a second time in Oct. 03, and scored a 169.  8-point improvement is pretty big!  If only I didn't have that lower score, bringing my average down and making my 169 look more suspicious... =(

nathanielmark

Re: The night before the LSAT...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:51:46 PM »
yeah that stinks.  i guess the lesson to be learned is to invest in a good pair of earplugs.  or stay at a nice hotel.

Skippy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:59:06 PM »
Stayed at a nice motel for the 2nd time =)  The best 80 bucks I've ever spent in my life

nathanielmark

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 02:46:28 PM »

well you have a good LSAT score, but i cant help but think consuming alcohol the night before the test cost you a point or two.

I went to a sports bar the night before and drank a little more than 2 pitchers myself and got someone to drag my ass to bed and I passed out.  It was a noninterrupted sleep and gave me the rest I needed.

DOWNY

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:28:32 PM »
Sketch knows what's up. Two pitchers is a good start, but to really nail the LSAT you should shoot for 3 pitchers and maybe some shots, preferably jager bombs. Also remember to eat lots of shrooms, they really help on the logical reasoning part. Plus, everyone knows to do lots of blow the morning of the LSAT, to get your energy flowing. And bang some hookers, too.

aboynoir

• Sr. Citizen
  • English Literature / 3.Something / LSAT in June
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 05:32:51 PM »
I will have to travel to a city other than mine to take it since my school cut all local testing for the GRE, LSAT, and MCAT due to state budget cuts (Michigan). I plan on getting a really nice hotel and enjoying a beer or two the night before, then getting to bed early :)

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 05:38:30 PM »
I got this drug Lorazepam when I got wisdom tooth surgery and you are supposed to take it before the surgery for relaxation. I saved one of them and am thinking about taking it the night before the LSAT.  What do you guys think?  Might it affect my mental acuity the next morning?

TheDecline

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 08:45:59 PM »
I got this drug Lorazepam when I got wisdom tooth surgery and you are supposed to take it before the surgery for relaxation. I saved one of them and am thinking about taking it the night before the LSAT.  What do you guys think?  Might it affect my mental acuity the next morning?

I would highly advise against it.  You're smart enough to not need drugs to help you perform.  You don't want to go into the test loopy.  Do something to keep your mind off the test the night before (movie, etc.) and you'll do fine.

lazybum

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2004, 01:14:46 PM »
edit

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 05:42:15 PM »
I'd advise against taking anything prescription.  If you're really concerned, a few weeks before the test try something like Tylenol PM.  It doesn't have any extra *&^% like Nyquil for cold symptoms.  And if you do it a handful of nights a few weeks before, you'll know if it makes you super groggy the next day.

Considering that all tests except for June start at 8 am though, it might be a bad idea regardless.