Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: $%&$%&  (Read 2374 times)

browneyes4u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
$%&$%&
« on: April 21, 2004, 12:40:38 PM »
syracuse,im still waiting.. if you don't want me , why wait so long to tell me that. i dont appreciate that!

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: $%&$%&
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:49:34 PM »
I think that most law school admin directors are sadists at heart. Oh well... it looks like we'll all be sending in at least 2 deposits this year. :-\
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:57:38 PM »
the waiting is part of the weeding out process.  they're hoping you'll crack.   :D

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 09:56:18 PM »
Not that I care because I have already chosen my school, but I just realized I am pending at more than five schools!  UCLA, Baylor, Loyola, Vandy, Hastings, USC, and Davis!

IwantSUlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 10:22:57 PM »
Join the club..i applied to SU before christmas and still dont have an answer. I dont know what the admission committee does when they meet. i called them last week and they stated, "your application is still being reviewed by the committee". how long does it take to read a 10 page application and make a decision...obviously more than 4 months. i wish you luck....hope things work out for you..let me know when you hear from them

jbshane

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 10:34:34 PM »
Hey ruskiegirl, do a favor for those of us still waiting on UCLA, Baylor, Loyola, Vandy, Hastings, USC, and Davis: withdraw your applications.  If you've already chosen your school, why are you leaving your apps with these schools?  You're hurting my chances and the chances of tens of others on this page - not to mention those applicants who don't post on LSD.

Not trying to be an ass - but I think it's highly inconsiderate to leave your apps in just to see where you get in.

When I was applying to UG, my top choice was UVA.  A classmate of mine's first choice was Northwestern - and she got in Early Decision, but left her app in at the remainder of her schools, including UVA, where she was given a spot and I was not.  Needless to say, I didn't think that that was incredibly considerate.

Give those of us who do care a chance: pull your apps.

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 01:14:26 AM »
Hey ruskiegirl, do a favor for those of us still waiting on UCLA, Baylor, Loyola, Vandy, Hastings, USC, and Davis: withdraw your applications.  If you've already chosen your school, why are you leaving your apps with these schools?  You're hurting my chances and the chances of tens of others on this page - not to mention those applicants who don't post on LSD.

Not trying to be an ass - but I think it's highly inconsiderate to leave your apps in just to see where you get in.

When I was applying to UG, my top choice was UVA.  A classmate of mine's first choice was Northwestern - and she got in Early Decision, but left her app in at the remainder of her schools, including UVA, where she was given a spot and I was not.  Needless to say, I didn't think that that was incredibly considerate.

Give those of us who do care a chance: pull your apps.

As we are waiting on the same schools, I completely agree with you on this one Meri. If I remember correctly, ruskie is holding out for her other schools just in case they offer her $, which she can then use as leverage to get $ from Boalt (if I am wrong, I apologize in advance). I am going to have go out on a limb here and say "what the f*ck." I have a feeling that ANYONE with your numbers would simply thank g-d for handing you your Boalt admission (literally a gift from above). I mean come on; scholarships to those schools only go to the highest #'s.

I realize you paid the app money and you have a right to see the results from your hard work. However, can I suggest you call these schools and ask them if they have any numerical cut off for scholarship money?  Maybe even ask them if they have any more $ to give out? If you find out there is no cash coming in, then seriously, withdraw that *&^% for the rest of us who are just sitting here waiting for the 5th god dam month in a row. *&^%, I really hope you know how lucky you are. Yeah yeah, Boalt is a GPA whore but seriously, you better save a whole minority community with that degree!
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 01:42:04 AM »
I don't know what she is waiting for. She wouldn't go to Loyola even if the paid her to go there.  She won't get any money from the UC's considering her LSAT.  She was pretty lucky(by the numbers) to get into Berkley.

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 02:44:18 AM »
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

L1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 03:52:40 PM »
I agree. I've already received my waitlist letter from USC and am pretty bummed about it. It could be b/c they still have so many apps from pretty borderline ppl to review, many of which those applicants have no interest in attending.

USC is my #1 choice. If you were still pending at Boalt and suppose so were the rest w/ the exception of one who got in but had no interest in going, I think that you'd be pretty upset.

$ or no $, you're pretty lucky to be going to Boalt. Hell I'd take USC in a heartbeat w/ all the debt included. Also, the UCs are already pretty cheap compared to many other schools. It really does sound to me like you are ungrateful for the fantastic opportunity you've been given and that's encroaching on others b/c you and other applicants like you are being inconisderate.

If you told me that you would actually think about going to USC if they gave you a $6,000 scholarship, then that's different, in which case it'd still be more expensive anyway. Why don't you take the high road and talk to the FinAid office at Boalt and see what they can offer you and withdraw your apps!!!