Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which prepbook to choose?  (Read 2272 times)

cvetok

• LSAT - February/ waiting
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which prepbook to choose?
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 02:21:21 PM »
Ok, I've just cancelled my order for "10 more actual" ::) and, following your recommendation, I am going to join your club  ;) and order "10 next actual."
By the way, what is a  desired LSAT score  for you nathanielmark?
** Life is like a B-grade movie. You don't want to leave in the middle, but you don't want to see it again.--Ted Turner, (1938--), U.S. billionaire
** Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit.--R. E. Shay

HarvardBound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 02:40:59 PM »
I personally have both 10 Actual and the 10 More Actual Tests
I'd get both if I were you.  Also, you should get Master the LSAT by Jeff Kolby and I also just ordered the Logic Games bible

M2

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 03:05:28 PM »
If money isn't a concern you should get "10 actual", "10 more actual" and "the next 10" as well as tests 39-42...lol

This will give you a large selection...but if you can only purchase  two books, I would definitely get "10 more" and "the next 10"...it really depends on how much time you have to study.

nathanielmark

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 03:26:59 PM »
Well my goal would be to break 170.  i have done so with frequency while working thru "10 Actual LSATs", but i think this is primarily because the games are so much easier.  I did get several 168-169s in "10 More LSATs", but also got a bunch of 164s. To be fair, I know some nights I have gone thru LR sections somewhat half-heartedly and missed questions with careless errors.  i am hoping the competitive spirit of posting scores online will help me do my best every time.

That being said, I would be 100% satisfied with a 167 as I think that would come pretty close to ensuring my admission to my school of choice (GMU)...  anything less then that and i will be a little disapointed.  But the PT median at GMU i just learned is 162, so realistically, i should still have a good chance of getting in there even if i dont do my best.

Based on my scores, i think a 167 is a reasonable expectation, but since my scores vary its really going to depend on how i do on June 14.

Ok, I've just cancelled my order for "10 more actual" ::) and, following your recommendation, I am going to join your club  ;) and order "10 next actual."
By the way, what is a  desired LSAT score  for you nathanielmark?

Longhaul

• 3.3/171
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 05:58:44 PM »
Get them all if you can. Let's put it this way, taking more LSATs can't hurt you.  :)

nathanielmark

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 06:00:38 PM »
Get them all if you can. Let's put it this way, taking more LSATs can't hurt you.  :)

Right, but if you can only take a set number of tests because of time constraints, you should do the more recent ones.

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2004, 08:37:37 PM »
Right, but if you can only take a set number of tests because of time constraints, you should do the more recent ones.

100% agree. But hopefully you do have enough time (or can make time) to do all the ones you can get.