Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted at William & Mary  (Read 1819 times)

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Accepted at William & Mary
« on: December 17, 2004, 10:12:43 AM »
Received a big dark manila envelope via mail last night. Applied early October, report sent October 8th, never notified that I was complete (I don't think).
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

NYKnicks

Re: Accepted at William & Mary
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 10:14:01 AM »
Congratulations!

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 10:14:36 AM »
Congrats! My first choice - Numbers, WE, etc?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 10:21:17 AM »
Congrats!

I was also accepted, but doubt I'll end up there.  The town is just too small, considering my poor boyfriend is coming with me.  He'll have enough to put up with just me, and I don't want him to be forced to wait tables for 3 years.

I was impressed with their acceptance package though.  The little book and the info about relocating and visiting was great.  It was way better than UGA's and Wake.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 10:23:29 AM »
Jacy, what are your top choices? Duke & UNC?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 10:26:58 AM »
I would love it if I got into Duke or UVA.  I think I have a better shot at Duke by looking at who's been accepted so far.

I'm not holding by breath though.

It'll probably come down to UGA, Wake, UNC and Emory (depending on if I get into the last two, obviously).

Those 4 seem ideal for what I'm looking for.  They schools are all good, and they're in areas that my bf will hopefully be able to find a great job in.

If I got into Duke, it's easy enough to add to that list, since it's in Durham.  And I've discussed it with the SO, and he knows that if by some miracle I got into UVA, then there's a very good likelihood he'll have to deal with a relatively small town for 3 years in exchange for more freedom after that (since a UVA degree travels well, being a T14 and all)

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 10:42:19 AM »
I'm sure that you will have a great list to choose from and can only tell you that I envy your burden.

Isn't it strange that W&M has sent out so many acceptances so early? Their website and verification emails all state that accpetances will be sent out at the end of March. When I met with Dean Wixson in September, he told me that they try to structure the entire class and then send out all the letters at once. Maybe they are going to change to rolling.

murkydreamer

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 10:47:32 AM »
Congrats for those accepted :).

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 11:02:44 AM »
3.61/165, 1.5 yrs WE.  I doubt I will end up there either for the same S.O. reasons; I'm really hoping for UCLA, USC or Boalt.  Not holding my breath, but I'm also hoping not to hear anything until at least Jenuary or February b/c I am getting promoted and want to send them un updated resume with letter.   :-\

Nerfherder, I'm sure you'll get in, good luck!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 11:05:04 AM »
Isn't it strange that W&M has sent out so many acceptances so early? They're website and verification emails all state that accpetances will be sent out at the end of March. When I met with Dean Wixson in September, we told me that they try to structure the entire class and then send out all the letters at once. Maybe they are going to change to rolling.

Hrm...I didn't know that.  Very interesting...