Got a waitlist letter from Stanford also, but emailed them to withdraw (would rather stay on the East Coast) ... hope that helps your chances!
Any thoughts on what to do if waitlisted at NYU, Columbia, Chicago? ... also, I haven't heard a peep out of Harvard yet, at all. Anyone care to speculate as to why? (I did apply pretty late, but still...)