Law School Discussion

A warning to the newbies

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: A warning to the newbies
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:17 PM »
Wow, so the adcomm actually remembered your PS and recognized it when they saw it regurgitated by a plagarist? That's impressive.  Did that person get in anywhere?

yes, but i am not sure what happened to the person.

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:56 PM »
Dayamn.

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2006, 11:38:59 PM »
Hey, Ruskie, could I see your PS as well?  I heard it's quite impressive, and I'm having a bit of trouble with my own...

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 11:29:23 AM »
Time for a bump

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2006, 02:05:39 PM »
How large of a problem is plagiarism of personal statements (er...how frequently does it happen, obviously it’s a large problem?)  Any examples other then that one instance?

After reading this post I am kicking myself while thinking about the people I’ve sent PS to and gotten no response from.  Sheeeeet……

FossilJ

• Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »
It's not prevalent.  You can chill out.  Besides, since you'll have the edited version, you'll have the upper hand.

Bork

• Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2006, 06:18:15 PM »
My PS was so on point...listen to this. I sent in my application to Harvard and got a SWIFT rejection letter...too swift. A few months later I was reading the New York times and wouldn't you know it, there was my PS, author: Dr. James Pinkerton, Harvard University.

This was a lame post. Flaming Badger out.

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2006, 06:28:51 PM »
It's pretty obvious who here on LSD is credible.  In other words, don't send your PS to a newbie (with one star) or a guest - duh.

Also, unless your personal statement is pretty generic and not specific to you, I don't see how someone could take your ideas and write the same thing?  I mean ... they have obviously had different experiences from you and if it came down to it, you could prove that you actually WERE a scuba-diving tap dancer in high school (lol) and the plagerizer wasn't.  Heh.

My PS became AWESOME thanks to help from people reading it on this board ... some were too nice, others brutal ... but the combined advice I got really helped to shape the PS A LOT.

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2006, 07:21:55 PM »
I hear you. . .if anyone stole mine, they'd have to be prepared to explain their sudden interest in the Hebrew language.  ;D

I didn't let anyone online read my statement this time around.  I had my genius younger brother proof it for me.  He ripped it apart like the little devil spawn I always knew he was.  But I like it, so life's good.  That said, I didn't offer to proof statements during my last cycle.  I've done it a few times this cycle.  It's sort of fun.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2006, 09:59:35 PM »
In: Harriers, Jays
Out: Grosbeaks, Wrens
WL: Shrikes, Martins

I will never go bird watching after that problem.

Ugh.