Law School Discussion

A warning to the newbies

Re: A warning to the newbies
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 11:25:15 AM »
Hurly, none of the rules and regulations stuff you keep posting is ever going to happen.

Anyway Ruskie, why give up your statement in the first place?  I would echo the caution given. 

Perhaps we could try to keep this thread focused on the topic instead of making a personal attack.   Or, you could maybe respond to a couple of the points I suggested and either prove/disprove them as viable.  It is a solution to the problem that was presented, nothing more nothing less.  And on top of that, it was a solution that would enable this LSD project to become somewhat financially viable. 

DOWNY

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 09:47:02 PM »
I just think the personal attack needed some profanity and maybe a TTT reference.

HTH

A.J

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 09:49:17 PM »
I didnt know it was a personal attack but, ok, let me revise.

Those f-ing rules and regulations posts you keep making arent going to amount to *&^% Hurley, with all DUE respect.

HTH

DOWNY

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 09:56:21 PM »
Much better- I like how the "with all due respect" part nicely complements the requisite HTH.

Nice work.
DOWNY

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2004, 05:44:06 PM »
ignorance at its best......

sad,

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 03:19:27 PM »
Hurly, none of the rules and regulations stuff you keep posting is ever going to happen.

Anyway Ruskie, why give up your statement in the first place?  I would echo the caution given. 

Well, it is good to see that your big claim is being backed up with facts.  Follow this link and be sure to pucker up and eat some crow! :)

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,15702.0.html

A.J

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 03:26:47 PM »
Are you suggesting you had something to do with that?

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 03:33:20 PM »
No, I'm not, but I do think that wisdom and foresight had a lot to do with it.  The admin and I just happen to agree in this particular instance.  From the standpoint of forum administration and capitalist ideas it is a no-brainer.

What I would like to point out, however, is that you went public with your assaults on me.  Here, let me re-quote exactly what you said:

Those f-ing rules and regulations posts you keep making arent going to amount to sh*t Hurley, with all do respect.

Not only did you spell "DUE" incorrectly, you also predicted that what I said had no merit and would not be implemented.  It turns out that the admin was probably planning to carry this out after all, and you were dead wrong.

It isn't a very big deal, but it reveals that:

1)  I was right and you were wrong

2)  Next time you should think about what people are saying before attacking them.

These lessons will serve you well in law school next year. :)

A.J

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 03:40:41 PM »

Your last comment is especially pathetic.  Note that I dont intend to neglect acknowleging that the entire post was pathetic and overdrawn.

HTH

Soon to be Ivy

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 03:48:49 PM »
Uhh yeah sure. No offense but you you can proofread *&^%!

This warning is specifically for the newbies on the board, as most of the people who have been here for are aware of the incident.

I urge you to exercise EXTREME caution when asking people to read your personal statement on this board.  Be especially careful with members who have yet to establish a reputation and credibility on LSD.

Earlier during the application cycle, a member of LSD has asked me to read her personal statement because we had similar backgrounds and she aspired to duplicate my luck with getting into a top school on a not-so-great LSAT.  I gladly offered my help.  She then asked to read the statement that had -- I believe -- a great deal to do with my acceptance to Boalt. 

She then emailed me to tell me that she decided to change her statement completely and a few days later I received a statement for review from her.  The only problem was that it was almost identical to mine in terms of theme, topic sentences, etc.  She had even borrowed whole phrases directly from my statement and inserted them into hers, without ever bothering to hide the obvious plagiarism. 

I know that we all want to believe in the innate goodness of people, but I want people to be aware that not all law school applicants are exemplars of ethics and it is best to excercise due caution.