Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Cornell!  (Read 1257 times)

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
  • Grrrr! I am a she beast.
    • View Profile
    • Email
In at Cornell!
« on: December 16, 2004, 03:38:13 PM »
Just got an email from the happy folks over there:
Hello Ms. Miltra,

We couldn't wait to let you know that we're offering you admission to our J.D. Class (classes start in August of 2005). The official admission packet from our office is in the mail and you should receive it soon. If you do not receive it in the next 10 days to two weeks, please contact us.

In the meantime, we'd like to encourage you to think about visiting us. Right now, our students are finishing their exams and winter recess runs until classes resume on January 24, 2005. However, beginning the week of January 31, 2005, current law students will start giving guided tours and you will be able to sit in on classes. You should also consider attending one of our Admitted Student Days. The first one is early March 2004. Of course, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at (607) 255-5141 or email us.

Miltra, we have also set up a web board for your benefit. Please go to this link for more information:

http://support.law.cornell.edu/admissions/status/

Congratulations once again, enjoy a happy holiday season and we hope to see you in Ithaca soon.

Richard Geiger
Associate Dean and Dean of Admissions

Henry Granison
Associate Director of Admissions

Sarah Levy
Admissions Officer

MY STATS ARE IN THE LINK BELOW.  :)

Tortman

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Cornell!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 03:39:48 PM »
Good job!  I hope you go!

In my opinion Cornell Law is severely underrated.

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 03:53:24 PM »
Congratulations!!  Looks like you're getting in all over the place.  That must feel great. :)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 03:57:44 PM »
Congratulations!!  Looks like you're getting in all over the place.  That must feel great. :)

Shhhh... don't say anything.  God will notice and smite my UPenn application--the only one I really want anymore. 
Well, realistically anyway.  Hahvad, Stanford and Columbia may very well send me nothing more than a metaphorical flaming bag of poo--disguised as a small, thin envelope. 

eratfink2

• Sr. Citizen
  • in a dunk tank
    • AOL Instant Messenger - eratfink
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:24:39 PM »
i just got mine in the e-mail too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED AFTER GTOWN DEF:)
Duke Law '08

Kollesch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 04:30:16 PM »
Miltra, is this an official status check system? Or is this only for admitted students? Anyway it doesn't work for me ):

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 04:31:13 PM »

Shhhh... don't say anything.  God will notice and smite my UPenn application--the only one I really want anymore. 
Well, realistically anyway.  Hahvad, Stanford and Columbia may very well send me nothing more than a metaphorical flaming bag of poo--disguised as a small, thin envelope. 

LMAO!  Well, if you don't want that seat, put in a good word for the girl over here with the 156 who applied, pretending not to know that it's not that high of a score (&trying to believe that my LORs are really good ::)).  Ehh.  Who knows?  Apparently some guy got of their waitlist last year with a 148/4.0.  That means I still have a chance!  :D

Good luck with UPenn and the triage of evil (HYS ;)).  I'll be sending good vibes your way!
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Kollesch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 04:37:47 PM »
Is there anyone else for whom this status check doesn't work?

Miltra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 04:52:28 PM »
Is there anyone else for whom this status check doesn't work?

Yeah, I couldn't get it to work either.  Not sure what would be of use, though-we already got our decision.  Is there something that I am missing?

Kollesch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 04:55:28 PM »
Well, for me it would be of great use since I haven't received a decision yet. For you, it seems there's an discussion board, maybe for Cornell acceptees.