Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: post-acceptance essays  (Read 1722 times)

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: post-acceptance essays
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 08:55:41 PM »
dont worry, i still think you were unfair to me there.  but just because of one line, even if i am a stickler (probably too much of a stickler) for these things, doesnt mean i'd ignore fact that 99.9% of the time you're extremely nice, helpful, and insightful.

i agree also that flavoring was wrong term.  (as per insightful, that's what i'm talking about.  i didnt consider that cornell actually would say that if I write it then that would give them more reason to commit to me.  i just looked at it that they have a chance to try to make me commit more to them).

"quite a few choices" include penn and nyu should you hear the good word?

littlelucy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 09:00:20 PM »
"quite a few choices" include penn and nyu should you hear the good word?

cornell for free vs nyu/penn for a million dollars? sure would think about it seriously, wouldn't anyone?!? as it is, cornell might outrank mich/uva for me already.
dirty yalie

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »
right, makes sense.  this scholarship i believe is half tuition (maybe sent out to other people some that are full tuiotion?) but even half tuition, i'm sure the bump in personal preference holds.

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 07:49:11 PM »
I just received a letter in the mail from Hofstra (not yet accepted) asking me to apply for the LGBT Advocacy Fellowship. What are the chances I might get it? That would be pretty cool. Do you think there are a lot of people applying for the fellowship? None of the materials made mention of it.

littlelucy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 08:05:44 PM »
I just received a letter in the mail from Hofstra (not yet accepted) asking me to apply for the LGBT Advocacy Fellowship. What are the chances I might get it? That would be pretty cool. Do you think there are a lot of people applying for the fellowship? None of the materials made mention of it.

just do it, seriously. chances are zero if you don't do it ;)
dirty yalie

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2004, 11:09:52 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't exactly invited to apply for merit money at W&L.  Hahaha.