Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: IN AT COLUMBIA !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2457 times)

buster

Re: IN AT COLUMBIA !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 03:02:15 PM »
what?  ;)

i don't know what i'd pick between NYU and CLS.  both are great schools.  i'd definitely need to visit both between deciding.  i like columbia's reputation and NYU's geographic area.  i've been thinking all along that i want to go to a school where there isn't really intense competition (like yale, boalt, NYU) but now i'm thinking that (a) competition would motivate me to work harder and get better grades and (b) if i want to work in a big firm, i should probably get used to a competitive atmosphere and learn how to thrive in it.  so CLS might actually be a better fit for me than i thought.  i'll definitely talk to as many students as possible if i do get into CLS to see what they think, esp people like me.  i can see how some students would totally thrive in a competitive environment, because they're naturally competitive people.  and i'm kinda like that myself, i just don't know whether i'm as intense.  sorry to blab so much; i've come to the conclusion during the typing of this post that i'm actually just scared shitless of being at the bottom of my class, and somehow i feel like in a less competitive environment, i could maybe be the most competitive person and finish closer to the top.  i have some issues i need to work out before august ;)  thanks for reading, if you did.  hopefully we'll see each other at CLS next year.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2004, 03:08:36 PM »
 :D  i LOVE when my bf does that at the end of a story. 

oh wait, NO I DON'T.   >:(
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

buster

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2004, 03:17:48 PM »
I wish you had used the angry emoticon at the end of that delightful post.  :-*

:D  i LOVE when my bf does that at the end of a story.  oh wait, NO I DON'T.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2004, 03:22:44 PM »
as you wish :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

buster

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2004, 03:24:48 PM »