Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transcripts sent without transcript request form?  (Read 2399 times)

I65Stang

• View Profile
    • Email
Transcripts sent without transcript request form?
« on: December 15, 2004, 09:28:06 PM »
Stupid question but does the transcript request form have to be sent with your transcript from the school?  My transcript request forms havent been showing up (no, not a problem with my computer, tried from numerous computers at numerous places) so I went to http://www.lsat.org/LSAC.asp?url=lsac/lsdas-requesting-transcripts.asp and nowhere on their did it say I had to submit the LSAC transcript request form so I figured I was good and just had transcripts sent  >:( .  Well I get on tonight and I can finally see my forms and it says on the form itself that it must accompany the transcript >:( .  Anyone sent transcripts without this form?  It's too late today to call LSAC tonight but I paid extra for all of my transcripts to be sent rush and two have same day service (I have 4, 1 during high school, 1 for my freshman year of college, 1 for the rest, and 1 cc part time to pick up classes that were full).  For charging so much LSAC sure seems to have its head up its...  >:(

Thanks!

Tim

I65Stang

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transcripts sent without transcript request form?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 10:17:45 PM »
This is from the FAQs section of the website and is the address I had it sent to (notice the street missing but I bet the post office knows where anything labeled LSDAS goes).  It says you can use them but doesnt say have to, you all think I am in the clear?  I just want to be able to sleep tonight before calling LSAC in the morning  ;) .  If not, whats another $25 in transcripts right?  :-\:

How do my transcripts get forwarded to LSAC?

It is your responsibility to have an official copy of your transcripts sent to LSAC directly from the registrar for every institution you have attended. You can use the Transcript Request Forms in the back of the 2004-2005 LSAT/LSDAS Registration & Information Book or download the forms from this Web site.

To what address do I have transcripts sent?

LSDAS
Box 2000-M
Newtown, PA
18940-0993

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 11:35:04 PM »
I think you may have a problem. The address that the transcripts need to be sent to is:
       Law School Admission Council                         
      662 Penn Street 
      PO BOX 2000-M
     Newtown, PA  18940-0993

-Also, the schools sent the transcripts, right? Because if you sent them yourself, they will not be processed.
-Concerning not sending the form with the transcripts, you should be OK. My sister did the same thing, and her transcript was processed anyway

I65Stang

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 12:00:25 AM »
I'm not too worried about the address as I did put the last 4 of the zip code on the request along with the right box and I am sure the post office knows where these go (you know they get tons a day).  The address I sent it to did have you put "Law School Admission Council" at the top.  There are four different addresses on LSAC's website!  How much longer do you think it took your sisters?

Sara, how much longer did is seem to take (if you have an estimate)?  Basically the cutoff for the one law school I am applying to is March 15th and I want to make sure I'll be ok there (although the sooner the better).

The university the majority of my work was done at wont be sending it out until Monday, I think maybe I should give them the form so that LSAC gets that one done quicker.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 12:23:48 AM »
I don't think it took them longer to process my sisters. So hopefully, you will be OK

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2004, 10:32:29 AM »
I didn't know about the school specific forms either. I had three schools send transcripts, but only two were received. I called LSAC and was told that if you don't have it sent with the school specific form from their website, it will still be processed, but it may take longer.

As for the one not received, I just had to have them resend it. Not sure what happened to it. I made sure that they used the form for the second sending, though. Hopefully it will be there soon.

Jeff