Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are my LORs?  (Read 1261 times)

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Where are my LORs?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2004, 03:30:01 PM »
why not just call today?

You'll feel better that you did.

kristay

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »
why not just call today?

You'll feel better that you did.

I don't think she'll get any helpful info if she calls today.  She said that the letters were SENT early last week and since LSAC reports a 10-14 day processing time UPON RECEIPT of the letter, she's still well within the reported processing time.

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 03:47:04 PM »
yup, since they just processed my other LOR and it was sent around the same time, they might get to my other one within the next couple of days.  I am antsy BUT I don't think I need to act on it right now.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2004, 03:55:10 PM »
oh yeah if u just sent them last week you still have some time...i was thinking you were one of the month waiters, who imo, should call sometime soon

kristay

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2004, 04:17:42 PM »
I did end up calling LSAC after waiting for a month and basically had some version of this convo with them:

Me: I was wondering if you could tell me how long it takes to process LORs.
LSAC: 10-14 days upon receipt of the letter
Me: Well mine were sent about a month ago and still haven't shown up.
LSAC: What's your SSN, date of birth, and who is the recommender?
Me: [gives above info]
LSAC: Well, all I can tell you is that it hasn't been processed yet.
Me: Yes, I'm aware of that.  I checked my file status theis morning.  I was wondering if you could tell me when I can expect it to be processed or what I should do.
LSAC: Well, it hasn't been processed yet.

This went on for a little while, I got irritated and hung up.  Basically, the moral of this story is to ask to speak to a supervisor b/c the representatives are not very helpful. 

On a happier note, my last LOR was processed about 15 minutes ago!  I just got off the phone with LSAC after freaking out on them...I had one of my LORs resent (via fax this time) yesterday morning.  I asked if they could tell me if it was received and they weren't helfpul at first (the rep was like, "Well, we get hundreds and hundreds of faxes everyday, so I can't tell you if we've received it.  It's going to take around 10 days to tell you that"...again, I got irritated, and was like, "This is absolutely ridiculous...why can't you tell me?  I had to have this RESENT b/c my letter mysteriously vanished after I sent it FIVE weeks ago..." then she asked for my info, put me on hold, comes back and goes "Oh, it was processed three minutes ago.")

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2004, 11:41:19 PM »
I called LSAC about my missing LOR earlier this week with essentially the same response as Kristay. Had my recomender, who is 400 miles away, resend his LOR after recieving a new waiver from me. The new letter was sent via priority mail lthis afternoon, figure around mid-week I'll call LSAC and see if I can get things moving.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 08:55:36 PM »
got an email on fri from lsac-my 2nd lor is in:)  yay!
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.