Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where are my LORs?  (Read 1198 times)

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's like raaaiiiinnn on my wedding day....
    • View Profile
Where are my LORs?
« on: December 15, 2004, 02:04:26 PM »
My boss and my coworker mailed them out early last week.  LSAC STILL doesn't have them!  ARRRGGH.
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Oh, and I'm also slowly becoming a LSD addict, thanks.

kristay

Re: Where are my LORs?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 02:10:03 PM »
I wouldn't worry about them yet.  LSAC claims that it takes between 10-14 days (upon receiving your LOR) to process it...having it sent a week and a half ago is really not that long especially since some people are waiting on letters sent over a month ago. 

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 06:52:53 PM »
I would not be concerned until 3 weeks have passed since mailing. LSAC can take forever to process LOR's. I have bbeen waiting a month myself. >:(
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 08:54:17 AM »
I can't believe you've been waiting for a month.  That's really strange.  My coworker mailed the one she wrote for me last Tuesday and LSAC sent me a notification of receipt last night.  However, I'm still waiting for my boss' recommendation-she supposedly mailed it out around the same time.  I really, really hope it didn't get lost in the mail because her recommendation is much more important than my coworker's. 
3.7/154, URM (maybe, maybe not), praying to the admissions god to be kind to me and let me in, damn it!

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 09:13:13 AM »
yeah if you are sure the letters have been sent, a month is too damn long.  i mean, these are LOR not LSAT scores...i think mine took about 8-9 days after the letters were mailed, but definately no more than 9 days.  if you are sure they have been mailed, i would look into it, especially since if there is a problem it will take you at least another 10 days to fix it.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 09:31:35 AM »
I went through this BS last year with LSDAS. I waited 3 weeks after my writers sent in the LORs and then called up complaining. They brushed me off of course, telling me that it would take another wek or so. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. I was greeted by a VERY nice woman (completely out of character for LSDAS) who informed me that 3 weeks was too long and that they had NO RECORD of my letters. She was nice enough to give me her personal fax and my recommenders sent the letters again that day. They showed up at around 5:00 that same day. DEFINATELY give them a call and don't get off the phone until you either get someone with a brain in their head to tell you that your letter is there but not processed yet, or that the letters can be sent directly to them.

kristay

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 01:04:43 PM »
I don't know if LSDAS had the same problems last year as they are having this year, but a number of people have reported that their LORs took a month or so to process...some people got lucky (as I did with my first LOR) and had theirs processed immediately.  Others took a lot longer, so I still would not worry about it.

Tippy Farmbuckle

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 01:18:58 PM »
...a number of people have reported that their LORs took a month or so to process...

since there is no way of knowing the real reason it is taking so long without them telling you, i would still call...if there is a problem it would be better to find out sooner than later.

NerfHerder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 02:10:11 PM »
There is nothing to lose if you do call and everything to lose if you do not call. You're paying a hell of a lot of money for that "service"so get on the phone and bug them.

txgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 02:49:32 PM »
yep, i'm giving them another couple of days on my other LOR.  If it doesn't show as processed by Mon, I'm calling...