Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ask me anything about dragons. . .  (Read 2044 times)

lastboyscout

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ask me anything about dragons. . .
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 04:09:34 PM »
1) Are dragons wicked cool?  If so, on a scale of 1-10, how wicked cool?

This is a subjective question so there is no right or wrong answer; but yes, they are wicked cool. A 10! I wouldn't be starting this thread if they weren't! :)

2) Why do dragons hoard gold all the time and not even think twice about it?  Do they just like being mega-rich?

Dragons are associated with earth energies, and hoarding gold in caves can be seen as an expression of their role as guardians of these energies. Gold is considered in many cultures to be the 'earthblood' of mother earth, and removing too much of it from her is not positive and damages our environment, hence the dragons collect it back and put it back in the ground (i.e. caves) and guard it from the greed of men.

3) When you see a dragon, how do you know it's not really a dinosaur?

There are many different viewpoints on this. In fact, some scholars still believe that dinosaurs are dragons. Prior to the 1840s, dinosaurs were referred to and called "dragons", there was no such word as, "dinosaur". However, generally, dinosaurs have no wings and can't fly (most), and don't breath fire. Dragons have wings, can fly, and breath fire.

4) Do most dragons have big beefy arms coming out of the back of their necks, or is that mainly limited to wingaling dragons?

Not all dragons do. By referring to wingaling dragons, I cannot help but name Trogdor who does have a big beefy arm that he could use to smite those who annoyed him. However, with that beefy arm coming out of the back of his neck and his little tiny legs, he probably doesn’t have the best balance in the world – a weakness.

5) What is your professional opinion of Trogdor the Burninator?  How do you feel about it when he burninates the peasants and their thatched roof cottages?

This is a subjective question, again. No right or wrong answer to this one. I will refrain from commenting to avoid any unnecessary debates…btw burniating is cool!

Next...

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 04:18:27 PM »
How many of LSDers were born on "year of the dragon?"

;)
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 04:26:09 PM »
Would a dragon be considered a URM?

If I'm playing no limit Texas Hold em with a dragon, and I flop trip Jacks, but a flush draw comes up on the river and I don't have it, should I go all in, hoping either he'll be scared or doesn't have the flush, or should I just make a little bet to test the waters?

emsimpson

• View Profile
    • WEBoggle!
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 05:25:25 PM »
1. How many dragons does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

2. How many dragons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

vmersich

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2004, 05:30:25 PM »
If you know all about draconian creatures, tell me about California's most powerful legislators.

hell yeah, sucka, 180.

bluetooth

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2004, 08:25:33 PM »
What is a dragon?

Matthew_24_24

• Sr. Citizen
  • Sigh
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2004, 08:30:30 PM »
Not all dragons breathe fire DUMBASS.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 10:00:48 PM »
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen dragon?
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

BigBadBo

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 10:17:22 PM »
Are you the little girl or the grown up man in the picture?

lastboyscout

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2004, 10:48:40 PM »
oh my lord, you guys are raping me of my precious dragon knowledge :)

...i'll answer these shortly.

Matthew_24_24,

I mentioned generally. Not all dragons have wings as well; but generally, most do.

Others asking questions, it's all for fun. If you ask a "serious" question that actually has an answer, i'll answer it. :)