Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What does the code R8 mean when a school has requested your report?  (Read 626 times)

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Umm, just read the subject of the thread. :)

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What does the code R8 mean when a school has requested your report?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 02:01:08 PM »
It means that the school has tried to request your report, but you have not paid for enough reports, so it will not be sent until you pay $12.

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 02:51:44 PM »
I was afraid of that.  Thought I had counted correctly but I guess not.  So once I've paid, will the report be sent automatically or will the school be notified and then try requesting again?

Nalgene

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 04:13:36 PM »
I'm not sure. The reason I knew the answer is because I sent in an app to Wash. U in St. Louis because of a fee waiver, but after receiving a few acceptances I decided to withdraw my app.  I called them and told them to withdraw, but apparently they still requested my report. So because I didn't pay for that report the code R8 appeared.

It seems that if your report has been requested then once you have paid the $12 LSAC should send it out. Don't quote me on this but that seems fair.

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2004, 05:44:17 PM »
Definitely seems fair.  When I went to pay the fee it notified me that I had a balance of $12 for an unpaid report. So, that makes sense.  But, it has yet to send it out.  Maybe it'll take a day and will send it out in the morning.  Fingers crossed.