Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Interview!! Help!!  (Read 1895 times)

jaxon

Re: Interview!! Help!!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »
I am not qualified to give legal advice. However, just having my brain removed by a torts final, I'd say that the dog owner is probably being negligent, and creating a nuisance on your pooperty -- I mean, property. It's probably a small claims kinda thing. You have to be able to show actual damages, generally, for a negligence claim. (Cost of cleanup, cost of whatever -- unelss you can figure out a way for them to pay for fence.) That's just off the top of my head...I haven't watched People's Court in a while.

yeah, but you are talking about torts... clearly, my case would fall under animal law.. 

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2004, 02:08:06 PM »
Ah, but animals are considered property, so we are talking about torts! :D
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 02:33:03 AM »
I am not qualified to give legal advice. However, just having my brain removed by a torts final, I'd say that the dog owner is probably being negligent, and creating a nuisance on your pooperty -- I mean, property. It's probably a small claims kinda thing. You have to be able to show actual damages, generally, for a negligence claim. (Cost of cleanup, cost of whatever -- unelss you can figure out a way for them to pay for fence.) That's just off the top of my head...I haven't watched People's Court in a while.

yeah, but you are talking about torts... clearly, my case would fall under animal law.. 
If'n ya know the answers...why ask the questions?

And here's where a good law word comes in...not property, but chattels (ie, moveable property).

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 11:25:25 AM »
Chattels...now you are making me hot!! :-*

slacker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 01:52:33 PM »
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to estop you from reveling in your future law-geekhood.

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 11:22:51 AM »
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to estop you from reveling in your future law-geekhood.

Well, I have to get in first. Right now, I am just a pathetic wanna-be!!! ???

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 03:16:54 PM »
I think that you will do fine with your interview.  I am in the same boat with the LSAT score.  I interviewed at Pace in early December and the interview was not stressful.   I would suggest going to the school with a positive outlook and present yourself with in the best possible light.  I haven't received any response yet and my application was sent in September.  The waiting for these schools is torture. 

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 10:13:31 AM »
I think that you will do fine with your interview.  I am in the same boat with the LSAT score.  I interviewed at Pace in early December and the interview was not stressful.   I would suggest going to the school with a positive outlook and present yourself with in the best possible light.  I haven't received any response yet and my application was sent in September.  The waiting for these schools is torture. 

Thanks for the pep talk. Hopefully, we'll both make it! What kind of stuff did they ask you? Did they address you LSAT score?

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2004, 10:20:48 AM »
They didn't even ask about the score.  They asked more complex questions like what type of legal issues are important to me.  They just want to get a feel for the type of law student you will be.  I treated it like any other interview, dressed in suit and follow up with a thank you letter after.  I think that is the best way to go.  Good luck, I think you will do fine.