Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ding @ Depaul  (Read 3070 times)

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Ding @ Depaul
« on: December 14, 2004, 10:08:51 PM »
Thought it was one of my "safeties."  3.3/156.  Sent October 28. Called on Friday to see if it was complete.  I was told that it was in committee and that I would hear in 2 weeks or less.  Got the reject letter on Monday. At least she wasn't lying about the 2 weeks or less.  I hope thios isn't a sign of things to come.  Hope you all fare better.

NYKnicks

Re: Ding @ Depaul
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 10:30:44 PM »
What are they smoking? Those aren't bad numbers for that school. GPA is solid and the LSAT is decent enough. Geez. Really sorry to hear about that.

dr_draino

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:32:26 PM »
I agree.  Tough luck man.  I'm sure there will be a few acceptances in that mailbox as well.

wrmusgro

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 10:36:01 PM »
Thought it was one of my "safeties."  3.3/156.  Sent October 28. Called on Friday to see if it was complete.  I was told that it was in committee and that I would hear in 2 weeks or less.  Got the reject letter on Monday. At least she wasn't lying about the 2 weeks or less.  I hope thios isn't a sign of things to come.  Hope you all fare better.

I got mine in the mail yesterday too. Mine was a reject from the Part time program...I didn't want to move to Chicago anyway.... ;)

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 10:48:27 PM »
I'm surprised! Sorry about that. I'm sure the acceptances are on their way.

runnin_skeerd

• Sr. Citizen
  • The hardest part of law school is gettin' in.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 11:31:17 PM »
Sorry to hear it!  I'll be looking for my rejection letter from DePaul today or tomorrow.  I'm left to wonder just WTF they're looking for in applicants.  Sometimes I think they're just sitting there with a coin calling "Heads you're in, tails you're not!"

superhero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 12:01:52 AM »
I would say that the numbers they look for are usually higher than what would make you think "third-tier".

Good luck on your other schools.

It might be a good time to rethink your safeties. In my guess you fall into the median levels of both GPA and LSATs.  I try to make at least one of these above the 75% mark, just in case...  Just an opinion, take it for what it's worth. Good luck!

HankieB

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 10:12:59 AM »
Sorry to hear about the dings.

I'm waiting to hear from DePaul as well (I applied to the part-time day program)...can either of you tell me when you went complete, or when they LSAC sent your reports?

Good luck with your other schools!

lastboyscout

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 11:06:52 AM »
Sorry to hear about the ding at Depaul. One of my friends in Chicago who had similar numbers and a lot of work experience in international relations was also denied acceptance. We were both shocked that he did not get accepted. Just his work experience alone is amazing.

Good luck!

steelcity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2004, 12:07:25 PM »
Thanks all.  I'm not sure what happened either.  Oh well,  on to the next one. 

HankieB,

I'm not sure when I went complete.  I applied in late October and called last Friday.  They said I was complete but didn't say when I went complete.  They requested my report on November 16.