Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA: Acceptance calls & status changes...  (Read 10457 times)

Scout

• View Profile
Re: UVA: Acceptance calls & status changes...
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2004, 01:30:53 PM »
I got my deferral. Now I'm trying to decide what steps to take next since I don't have fall semester grades to send in. Oh well.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bamamegs

Attending: Alabama
Accepted: GWU, Washington & Lee, William & Mary, Alabama, UC-Boulder
Waitlist: UVA
Denied: GULC, Duke, Harvard
Pending:UNC

mobie

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »
Still waiting as well... :-\

(Stats are on law school numbers as Domer00)...Will catch up to others on the deferral title, I think :)

Bamaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2004, 02:17:51 PM »
That sucks Scout.  Sure I will find the same when I get home from work tonight. 

littlelucy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2004, 02:33:23 PM »
Did you give a date that your current was valid until that has now passed?

no, i put my work address as "current address" on all apps, but i listed my apartment as "permanent" and that's the address with which i registered for lsac, and that's the address to which i had postcards sent, etc so im not surprised theyre confused.

so far i think 4 schools have used one address and 4 have used the other. uva did know to call me at work, though, so that's funny.
dirty yalie

chicago

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84 | 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2004, 04:31:19 PM »
I just got a UVA rejection letter in the mail.

Kate

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »
I still have not heard anything from UVA.  I checked my status page this morning, and it still says that a decision has not been mailed yet, even though my app was complete before their deadline.  I"m debating e-mailing them to make sure that they didn't lose my file or anything, but I'm thinking that as long as they haven't mailed a decision yet, they haven't mailed a rejection yet, so I don't want to force their hand.

I WANT TO KNOW!!!

Doubledown Trent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2004, 10:17:47 AM »
I got deferred as well.  Does anyone know if just about everyone who didn't get in just got deferred? 
There are no stupid questions - just stupid people who ask questions.
Attending in the fall: GW

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2005, 01:31:48 PM »
Did anyone on this thread have a long wait to get their online username and password?  I applied on Jan. 3 and still nada.  They've even cashed my check, so I know my application is floating around there someplace.  PS, people on the phone there seem very nice....

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2005, 02:22:43 PM »
Thanks.  I just called them to check on an eta for the username and password, hopefully I will get one soon.  I'm scared about lost applications because Columbia, despite telling me that my dean's certification was in my file last week, sent me an email today telling me they don't have a dean's certification for me.  Arg!  We need to pay admissions people more money so they can keep track of papers better!

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2005, 03:48:02 PM »
Thanks.  I just called them to check on an eta for the username and password, hopefully I will get one soon.  I'm scared about lost applications because Columbia, despite telling me that my dean's certification was in my file last week, sent me an email today telling me they don't have a dean's certification for me.  Arg!  We need to pay admissions people more money so they can keep track of papers better!

Took me awhile as well.  And, I've been VERY impressed with the promptness and cordiality of all the UVa admissions people.  They respond to every email quickly and with the greatest expression of concern.  That says a lot to me.