Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you pay app fees if you are using LSACD?  (Read 408 times)

Eyes of the World

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
How do you pay app fees if you are using LSACD?
« on: December 14, 2004, 10:19:47 AM »
Any insight here would be appreciated.  :-*

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How do you pay app fees if you are using LSACD?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 08:28:06 PM »
when you look at the list of school apps on LSACD, some of them have a little credit card logo, like a mastercard and visa, i think.  that means that you have to pay with credit card for those schools.  for some other schools, you have the option of whether to pay by credit card or by check.  for the rest of the schools, you have to pay by check.

i applied to 13 schools total, and had several of each.  wherever possible, i paid by credit card.

in place of a signature, some schools allow you to certify your app electronically.  i found that the schools that would not take credit card at all were also the schools that wouldn't do e-certification.  so you're not mailing just one thing; you're mailing two: certification letter (signed) and check (signed).  you only see the certification letter after submitting your app, so don't worry about that yet.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

bhvexille

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 08:30:24 PM »
Will LSACD tell you which ones are free?  (i.e. some schools are free if you use LSACD, but don't necessarily advertise it very well)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 01:41:33 AM »
Will LSACD tell you which ones are free?  (i.e. some schools are free if you use LSACD, but don't necessarily advertise it very well)

nope, not that i've seen.  somewhere on this board, people were listing the schools that are free, or free before a certain date.  try searching for it, i guess.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?