Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GW Ding  (Read 6659 times)

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
Re: GW Ding
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2005, 11:34:58 PM »
Would you all mind posting the dates when your file was complete? Thanks!

Monkey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »
Got my ding in the mail today - dated 1/10/05.  Not a huge surprise - my #'s (below) give me a borderline index # of 3.1.  My acceptance to W&M did give me some hope though...oh well. 

Although...what's eating at me is that I just sent them an addendum less than a week ago, and received an e-mail reply on Monday - JANUARY 10 - saying, thanks for the addendum, it will be added to your file and considered.  Um...apparently not.  Not sure how much consideration they would've been able to give it if I was rejected the same day they acknowledged its receipt (not enough time elapsed between my sending it and their "receipt" e-mail for it to have been there more than a day, if that.)

Anyway - yhe addendum was at the recommendation of someone in their admissions office, who suggested I let them know that as a current DC-area resident who doesn't necessarily want to leave my job, I'd be very open to either the FT or the PT program.  Which I did and explained why, and included some brief but previously-unaddressed reasons why GW was my top choice.  I was told that if I were to do that, and weren't admitted for FT, that they'd hold my app for PT consideration later in the cycle.  Apparently not...again.

OK, that rant sounded bitter!! :) I'm really not bitter at being rejected, if I was, in fact, rejected on the full merits (or lack thereof) :) of my application, once they had all the info in hand.  I just question whether they did so, and I feel like maybe I was fed some BS by their admissions office.  Anyway...moving on!
Attending: W&M

dr_draino

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2005, 04:00:40 PM »
I'd give 'em a call to discuss this.  Chances are your file had already been rejected and some shmuck didn't recycle it through with the addnedum added.

Got my ding in the mail today - dated 1/10/05.  Not a huge surprise - my #'s (below) give me a borderline index # of 3.1.  My acceptance to W&M did give me some hope though...oh well. 

Although...what's eating at me is that I just sent them an addendum less than a week ago, and received an e-mail reply on Monday - JANUARY 10 - saying, thanks for the addendum, it will be added to your file and considered.  Um...apparently not.  Not sure how much consideration they would've been able to give it if I was rejected the same day they acknowledged its receipt (not enough time elapsed between my sending it and their "receipt" e-mail for it to have been there more than a day, if that.)

Anyway - yhe addendum was at the recommendation of someone in their admissions office, who suggested I let them know that as a current DC-area resident who doesn't necessarily want to leave my job, I'd be very open to either the FT or the PT program.  Which I did and explained why, and included some brief but previously-unaddressed reasons why GW was my top choice.  I was told that if I were to do that, and weren't admitted for FT, that they'd hold my app for PT consideration later in the cycle.  Apparently not...again.

OK, that rant sounded bitter!! :) I'm really not bitter at being rejected, if I was, in fact, rejected on the full merits (or lack thereof) :) of my application, once they had all the info in hand.  I just question whether they did so, and I feel like maybe I was fed some BS by their admissions office.  Anyway...moving on!

buster

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »
I'm with draino. You can't hurt your chances by asking, and otherwise the uncertainty will continue to bother you.

I'd give 'em a call to discuss this.  Chances are your file had already been rejected and some shmuck didn't recycle it through with the addnedum added.

Monkey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2005, 04:10:40 PM »
I'm definitely going to call them - I'm thinking you're right about the schmuck, draino :) - although I might wait until tomorrow, when I'll be better able to mask my irritation. :)  Thanks, guys.

I'm with draino. You can't hurt your chances by asking, and otherwise the uncertainty will continue to bother you.

Attending: W&M

murkydreamer

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2005, 06:29:50 PM »
Got the letter today, dated 1/19.  Application sent early November.  Not a huge surprise, but it sucks anyway.

Erapitt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2005, 06:54:45 PM »
Sorry to hear it murky.  I am waiting to hear from GW as well.  3.37 and a 162, however, I am applying for PT.  I still think its a long shot but its hard to figure out what PT programs are looking for.  Nervous nervous nervous.
Attending GW in Fall '06

winslow757

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2005, 08:21:12 PM »
Got mine today. No surprises there. I applied when I thought my LSAT score would be more like all my practice tests. Letter was dated 1/24.
Accepted: Brooklyn w/17.5K, Suffolk, NYLS w/ 20K
Pending: Northeastern, Cardozo, American
Rejected: GW, Fordham (no surprise there)

158+164/3.74

kristay

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 08:51:29 PM »
Got my rejection letter today.  No surprises with my GPA. :P

sotsoj

• 2.34 GPA /166 LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2005, 09:49:46 PM »
I had tricked myself into thinking I had a chance, soley because they took so long to make a decision.  Hard workers and high GPA earners rest easy, I got my rejection letter this evening.  MF.
Going to George Mason
sotsoj on LSN