Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Canadian law schools suck ...  (Read 5044 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian law schools suck ...
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2004, 10:24:32 PM »
hahah ... i'll probably be going to a school in the north US so it'll be pretty much like home anyways.

I'm starting to get very exciting though about attending a US law school.  I think I'm going to do some visiting early next year.  I've already been to UMich but I hope to head down the east coast and look at those schools (or the ones i get into anyways :D)

SeantheScientician

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2004, 08:15:46 PM »
Interesting topic.

I didn't apply to any schools in the United States, nor did I really want to.  I guess the higher tuition combined with the idea of living in the United States turned me off.  I also really want to stay in Canada for work, and I hear it's more difficult to work in Canada with a JD from the states. Although I love Manhattan and will take a job there in a heartbeat.  My brother is in his last year at Queen's Law, and loves it.  He said that UofT and Osgoode are known to be much more aggressively competitive, and that turned me off both schools.  Because of that, combined with Osgoode's dumbass personal questions, I didn't even apply to Osgoode.  Are any of my concerns about American schools and Toronto schools valid?  Or are these just rumours?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2005, 11:10:25 AM »
The toronto schools are probably the most competitive, because students there are competiting for big law jobs in the city.  And yeah, its much harder to find a job in Canada then it is in the US.  Also, its true that its very difficult to come back to Canada, after getting your degree from a US school, so all the points you make were true. 

gdmc2004

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2005, 11:19:28 AM »
hi cheeks,
if you don't mind me asking, have you been accepted to any canadian/US law schools, if so, which ones?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2005, 11:25:10 AM »
in the us, i've been accepted to cornell, duke, and notre dame.

I haven't heard from any canadian schools yet.

I've got everything listed on lawschoolnumbers.com username: cheeks